Foreclosure in Aledo>Question Details

Rob, Both Buyer and Seller in Deltona, FL

Areas outside of Fort Worth

Asked by Rob, Deltona, FL Thu May 31, 2007

My Wife and I are moving to the FW area and need information on where to move. My wife will be working in Lake Worth and I will be about 10 miles east of that. We have been looking for smaller areas outside of FW and dont mind a little drive. We also have a 1 y/o so we are looking for good school systems as well. It looks like in Newark and Aledo we can get a good size home for under $200,000?

Answers

14
I can't answer your question related to schools as I live near Downtown Fort Worth so I don't venture out that way very often, but I will say that I think home prices around Fort Worth are very reasonable for a fairly dense area.

I work in Downtown Dallas and take the train back and forth everyday because Fort Worth is so much more affordable.

The schools out that way should be pretty good as I know there's been quite a bit of development. I know Weatherford especially has experienced some solid growth over the last five years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 1, 2007
Give me a call. I live 5 miles from her work and my office is in Aledo. The Brock area may be good as the schools there are wonderful. I have over 30 yrs. experience in the area you are searching. Thanks and feel free to call me anytime. 817 980-1047
I absolutely love Aledo, especially outside of city limits. The ranch/green belt style land always grabs my attention. How do you like working locally?
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

I would love the opportunity to help you and your family in your search for a new estate. Let me experience the excitment with you and yours. Feel free to reach me at any time. Thank you

Real Estate Consultant 3x US Army Vet.
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157
email: blissfulestates84@gmail.com
webstie: http://www.blissful-estates.com
Hey Rob, I work out of the Keller Williams Realty office in Aledo. I have been in the business since 1979 and live in the area near where you and your wife are looking. I can point you to the best area to fit your needs if you do not already have a realtor. Feel free to give me call for an interview at any time. Thank you so much. Debbie Scrimshire 817 980-1047 dscrimshir@aol.com
... to add more, there are areas of Aledo where the taxes are lower than many areas of Fort Worth. I'm not sure where that inaccurate information is coming from. I can show you some of the tax rates out there vs. Fort Worth areas, etc. Contact me at your leisure. Sloan@BrantsRealtors.com
Hi Rob, I've glanced through some of the answers here and what people are forgetting to do is to try to learn more about your wants and needs in a home and school system and overall living arrangement. Yes, Aledo is known for their schools, but so are many other areas around and outside of "town". I live in Benbrook, grew up in Aledo all of my life, since the late 70's and have seen it grow through many phases. If you do not already have an agent with whom you're working I would love the opportunity to discuss with you and your wife how to best meet your needs. Feel free to contact me at your leisure: Sloan@BrantsRealtors.com or 817-223-5435

As for your price range, yes, I've recently helped buyers find homes in and around Aledo for under $200,000. So, it is possible. Let's discuss in greater detail...
I live in Mineral Wells. It is a small town about 45 miles west of Ft. Worth. It is a great place to raise a family.
Web Reference: http://www.landsoftexas.org
What areas do you recommend out in Mineral Wells as far as subdivisions and or areas of your personal interest?
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
I work in west Ft. Worth. I think Benbrook is a great place to live. It is like a small town yet only 5 minutes from Ft. Worth. The taxes are lower in the area as well. They have new houses and older houses with bigger yards. Many of the older houses are being redone. It has good resales as well.
I'm a Realtor in Weatherford, and much to Trudy's dismay, I don't go around misleading people. :) There are many homes in your price range that are nice sized. Aledo and Weatherford have some great properties and have great school systems. The Saginaw, Lake Worth, White Settlment area also have an abundance of homes in your price range (and they aren't built before 1970 or foreclosure's as per Trudy's comments). Good luck!
I don't know where trudy is living. But I live in Southwest Fort Worth, and my house was $160 for a 2 year old custom house with 2400 square feet. I bought small because there are only two of us living there. The houses in my neighborhood are in the Crowley school district, which is considered a good district. In our area you can buy 3500 to 4000 sq. ft. houses for around $200,000. Don't let trudy mislead you.
If your idea of a good-sized house is 1500 sq or less - yes you can find one for under $200K - however all of the areas that every other poster has answered - you are not going to find anything newer than the 1970's for under $200K unless it is a foreclosure or was built by a poor builder. I have lived in this area all of my life (barring 4 years in the military) and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYTHING IN FORT WORTH ISD if you care about your kid. Keller is expensive, Aledo is expensive (high taxes) Northwest ISD taxes are high, as well. BISD is okay - pretty good schools and houses are more reasonably priced - about a 15-30 minute drive to Lake Worth depending on traffic - Don't let these realtors mislead you - which I see that they are. Email me at prawnpink1@aol.com if you want more information on this entire area and the schools, home prices, etc. I am not a realtor, but have access to neighborhood information, etc. Good luck with your househunt, with these prior answers - all raise a red flag - especially regarding house pricing -
Rob,
Like everywhere probably traffic just seems to be getting worse and worse. I-35 and 820 area is now getting tough almost all day long. I'd suggest living somewhere in the middle of your two jobs. You didn't say exactly what part of town you'd be working, but I'd guess Keller or Heritage area would be about 1/2 way. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Rob, If you are going to be working east of Lake Worth, you might want to consider the alliance corridor area. The Keller and Northwest ISD's are both well respected. In terms of cities, you are looking at Keller, Northern Fort Worth, Haslet, etc. All these areas have "good sized" homes for under $200,000, though your definition of "good sized" may be different than mine. There is also lots of new development in this area and many new home builders are offering great incentives right now, especially on inventory homes.
Just realized I didn't exactly answer your question. Like I mentioned, I don't know Aledo specifically but based on my knowledge of the area you can get a decent sized home in a good school district for under $200,000.