Elaine, Other/Just Looking in Virginia Beach, VA

Are there any protections out there for a military spouse who inherited a house that about to be foreclosed on next week 5/18/13?

Asked by Elaine, Virginia Beach, VA Wed May 8, 2013

A family member left this house to me, I was not notified of this until last Thursday. And to beat it all since it's not being willed with my husband on it also Navy Jag will not refer me to an outside attorney. The house is 3 months almost 4 months behind. And it needs a lot of repairs. I have contacted the lender, they have dealt with my family for years. And the collections women never contacts me back. To beat it all they sent mortgage notices out to everyone in my family that has nothing to do with this situation. They aren't even gonna inherit the property. It won't be probated until the 16th of May. I just want sometime to explore the options of fixing it to sell it. But I do not however, have 4 months worth of 900 dollar mortgage payments. I am selling everything I love just to attempt to pay one of them. I am a full time student, we have a kid with issues. I just need help. It's a mess! I just need advice, or anyone who would represent me on a payment plan.HELP PLEASE!

Answers

12
ELAINE, We can lend you the money you need to catch up the mortgage at a low interest rate. Please pray about it and if you feel so led, let me know if you want to proceed. Thanks.
Well the foreclosure isn't happening on May the 17th its happening on the 15th of May. I don't think there is anything that can be done now. It's already in their attorney's hands. They didn't even notify me. They are supposed to notify all parties involved. I am involved. I would appreciate that if someone could help me. Because I do not even have the time to try and get everything straight with this house.
Elaine,
I have a great Real Estate Attorney, which is what you need right now. You situation is best addressed with an attorney and then once they arrange to place the payments on the back end of the loan or make some other payment arrangement, then you can connect with a realtor to see about selling the home.
I know the timing thing is where the stress is coming from, but different banks will allow and do certian things. Each one is different. If you want to contact my attorney, connect with me and I will be more than happy to help you.

Kevin Monette, REALTOR®, ABR®, SFR®
2012 Circle of Excellence Winner
ABR® = Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation
SFR® = Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Certification
William E. Wood At The Mall
Cell # 757-735-2628
Fax # 757-473-0187
We also buy houses - Cash - AS- IS ... no repairs needed. Feel free to call me so I may assist you in determining the market value of your home. Depending on value & needed repairs - you can decide whether its best just to let it go to foreclosure

You have a few options - Call & we will discuss

Carrie Copenhaver
(757) 615-1764
If you want to sell it, I buy houses, cash.

Close in 3 days.

Situation Solutions One, Inc
(757)639-2347

Keep me as a back up plan if you'd like?
Thank You so much guys! I have been cleaning the house out, the yard out, and my in-laws are going to do the repair work. I just need time. I appreciate your answers.
The repairs are not going to be expensive. I just need the time to get people in here to do the work so I can sell the house.
I have worked a lot with foreclosures and short sales. I would lvoe to help. Please give me a call at 757-403-5401. Thanks Bob
There is 91,000 on the original mortgage, and 19,000 owed on the equity loan. And I understand its not my loan. However, I would like the chance to attempt to keep it, or sell it. The house is valued at 150 by county assessment.
Great, call me and lets put a game plan together. I have a few ideas.Thanks Bob
Flag Wed May 8, 2013
HI,
There are a few options available to you to deal with this successfully without paying the back payments. You may call us at 757-735-7771 to discuss this and pray together for GOD's Divine intervention if you wish. THANKS, April & Mark. MINISTRY REALTY.
Understand that Realtors are discouraged from giving LEGAL advice; we are not Lawyers and when we do open our mouths, it sould be taken with a grain of salt:
A couple thoughts:
The LOAN was not in YOUR name, and therefore should not hurt your Credit.
The loan is probably for more than the house is worth; Do you know?
You may be able to just hand them, the DEED-IN-LIEU, to get them off your back. Use those words when you call them the next time.
Protect yourself.
NO in fact the property has 40,000 in equity I have had extensive inspections performed on the house. It's purely cosmetic. about 7000 worth of repairs. We now have a grant for a down payment our mortgage credit scores are not as high as I thought though that would be what is keeping me from being able to do anything.
Flag Fri May 24, 2013