Foreclosure in 19403>Question Details

Anne, Home Buyer in Norristown, PA

Are there any foreclosure real estate lawyers that do pro bono work on the side? I would like to start a

Asked by Anne, Norristown, PA Mon Jan 12, 2009

non-profit company that helps low-income families but I don't have much money to pay a real estate lawyer the regular fees. Many thanks!!

Help the community by answering this question:


My name is Danny Somerville and me and my 11 yr old daughter are homeless due to fraud. Here is what happened my mother passed away she left me over $100 thousand dollars I found a mobile home in homeland Ca (its by hemet Ca) and it was red flaged so I got a great deal on it 21.000 dollars escrow told me that the preliminary escrow report showed it was clear so I asked if we could start cleaning up the place the owner and escrow said it was ok . I got the final escrow report from escrow and they said it was clear to send them the money so I wired them 20,000 dollars and went down and signed the deed paid in full they said I would have the deed in two weeks so we moved in and started repairs I invested 50,000 dollars in repairs and we move in I moved in everything owned two jeep 4x4s , my 1967 dodge p/u in mint cond. With 35.000 o.g. miles, two dune buggies, a boat, and everything my mother left me frig. Washer & dryer a whole home full plus all of our belongings them I get an e mail 15 days latter from escrow telling me that the title company made a huge error and that now there is a 100 thousand lean on the house and I cant buy it after they already sold it to me and sent the buyer my funds , I get arrested and go to jail, escrow refunds without my permission my money to a account and the money is stolen , then the owner who is also the owner of the real estate company that sold me his house tears the home down and throws away everything we own so now me and my daughter are homeless living in a homeless shelter please we need help thank you Danny Somerville
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 25, 2012
I am suing the Mortage company to show the court that they own the original Note
In Texas, does the defendant have to show proof of the original Note to the plaintaff (home owner) in court?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
i am co owner of a home that was left to me and my brothers , the will was lost at the time of my fathers death ,
then found 5 yrs. later the will that named be me as the executor of the will and all the residuals . i was paying
my share of the city taxes but they were not paying there's , one brother sighed his share over and another brother died which left 2 brothers as co owners , but they city would not transfer sole ownership to me until
all back taxes were paid up , now the back taxes are around $12.000 and the city will sell the property if i don't come up with the money . I am a disabled vet and and my credit rating is no good lawyer but can't afford much what can I do?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 7, 2011
Hi Anne. What a wonderful idea! Congratulations!

Before entering Real Estate, I practiced law as a litigator in some major firms in the greater Phila. larger firms, pro bono work was encouraged (I don't know how feasible it would be for a small firm to do very much pro bono work, as a practical matter).

One firm I used to practice at -- Stradley Ronon -- is based in Philadelphia but has a Malvern satellite office. I recall that several years ago when I worked there, there were a number of attorneys working there who specialized in real estate law. I have every expectation that the office still employs some wonderful real estate lawyers.

Feel free to look up their bios on line (I believe the website is either or it's been a while and I can't remember:) Give them a call....if, for some reason, they can't help you, they very well may know someone who can!

Also, feel free to call me at 610.324.5240 and I can give you a name or two of lawyers that I can heartily recommend.

Once again, good luck on such a worthwhile endeavor!


Judy May, JD, Realtor
Your D.I.A.M.O.N.D. Realtor
O: 610.489.7700 x. 3612
C: 610.324.5240

Check out my FREE upcoming seminars -- including a First-Time HomeBuyer Seminar on 2/19!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 29, 2009
Anne you can contact the PA bar association, they will be able to guide you if there are any pro bono lawyers available in this expertise. good luck with your venture.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 14, 2009
Hi Carol,

That would be great if we could team up and figure out solutions on how to help the distressed homeowners. For example, I was able to find an excellent pro bono lawyer in FL for a friend who was in foreclosure. The loan my friend has is a predatory loan, and the lawyer has managed to stave off foreclosure for the passed 6 months. She told him that he might even be able to keep his house if he wins the court case.

I'm hoping that if I can find an excellent lawyer like that in the PA then it wouldn't be difficult to setup some kind of non-profit. Your backgroud seems like it would be very helpful also.

Please call me at 917-301-2333 in the evenings or email me at
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 14, 2009
Hello, Anne,

There are already a number of non-profits that do this. You should visit the website and you will find help for homeowners there.

I have been working with homeowners in distress and trying to help them find solutions to their problems so that they can stay in their homes. Would you like to team up? There are a lot of things to do before getting to the legal part of the issue. Then, perhaps we can find a few different people who will step up to the plate for us.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 12, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer