James K. Endo, Real Estate Pro in San Jose, CA

Any views and sense of when will values be expected to come back to peak values in Cooley Station, 85295? 3 years? 5 years? More?

Asked by James K. Endo, San Jose, CA Sun Feb 3, 2013

Wondering if I should sell or keep.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3054990065--E-Yeager-Ct-Gi…

Answers

3
What you need to know is that at least for the next 12 to 24 months the expected value gain is going to be well over average (maybe 10% to 15%), and a lot more than what you can make anywhere else. If I were you I will keep it at least until growth goes back to the normal 3% to 5%/year.
I could let you know what has sold lately to give you a idea of your current value.

Cricket Peterson
Cricket Realty
602-326-2604
Cooley Station is a great example of a subdivision that got hit really hard by the timing of the run up and crash. So many of the sales in Cooley Station were near the peak prices originally and as a result the drop was dramatic. Of course prices have rebounded some but most expect it to be many years of single digit appreciation in the market. 2012 saw a higher level of appreciation, personally I think that was due to values be so incredible low and that we may not see another year like that for a while.

I believe strongly in the Phoenix market, prices should go up (single digits) steady for years to come, rental demand is still high, purchase demand is greater than supply, many positive signs that we will remain a great market overall.

I would be glad to review your personal situation on the property and provide options based upon what the trends indicate.