Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

Jerzeyb, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Any feedback on CREDENCE LAW GROUP?

Asked by Jerzeyb, Chicago, IL Mon Feb 25, 2013

recv'd mailing that they can help us get a loan mod. and stop foreclosure

Answers

39
To all on this forum,

My name is Bryon Landau and i am the owner of Credence Law Group. I would like to address everyone's concerns immediately. I am in the business to help all consumers that are having a financial hardship and can no longer afford their home mortgage payment. It is not our intention to deceive or rip off anyone. If you feel you have been taken advantage of I would like to address your concerns immediately and see if I can help clarify any and all concerns.
Please email me directly with your full name and what went wrong so I can look up your file in our system and get a favorable resolution for you.
Thank you all for your time,

Byron
bllandau@yahoo.com
I was promised a loan modification for my home in October, now it is February and no one has discussed with me about when to make the payments. I was promised that my mortgage company would contact me and I could start paying the modified amount; however, now they are foreclosing on my home. I am a single parent and will be left with no money, you people stole money from me and my
children.
Flag Tue Feb 10, 2015
Still waiting for this Scam of a firm send me the money owed to me that my home is IN foreclosure!!!!!! All that happens is that Mr. landau passes the buck and since 8/26 no resolution or money paid back to me for putting me and my family in harms way!!!!!!! I will be filing a criminal law suit against this firm as well as do everything I can to have Mr. Landau's license revoked permanently so he can't SCAM another family ever!!! Don't know how he puts his head on a pillow and goes to sleep,with a clear conscience every night!!!!!!!! Disgrace!!!!!!
Flag Mon Sep 22, 2014
Hello Mr. Landau, In May 2013 we signed up with your law firm, Client ID # 1227396857 as we were promised that your firm was able to do a loan modification. Your sales rep even used the word "guaranteed" if we paid them up front which we did. After we paid in full, the communication was difficult to get a hold of anyone. Especially after a 3rd party processor was assigned and he seemed not to know anything about our file. We have since contacted all govt regulators including but not limited to Attorney General of Illinois, Bar Association of Illinois, BBB and we have also contacted our State Attorney of Florida as we feel you owe us a refund for defaulting on the contract for a loan modification which was never given. You can contact me at info@revenuepm.com. Today is 1/7/2014.
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
Hello vizzoned,
Any resolution to your $2000.00 Yet, They owe me money as well???
Flag Mon Nov 25, 2013
Mr. & Mrs. Vizzone,
I sincerely apologize. I will speak to my accounting department and make sure this goes out to you immediately.
Byron
Flag Thu Nov 14, 2013
Hello Mr. Landau, on Friday, July 12, 2013 our lawyer Mr. Kevin B. Riordan spoke to you about the scam your company was pulling on the people who used your company to help them get out of foreclosure and they get nothing in return. You had made a committment to Mr. Riordan to return the $2,000.00 to us Mr. John and Donna Vizzone, Client ID:Z646-80462. Now here it is the middle of December 2013 and we have not received this refund or any correspondence from you or any other Credence Law employee. At this time I am demanding my $2,000.00 be returned or further Legal Action will take place you shut your fradulent company down for once and for all. I can be reached by email at: vizzoned@yahoo.com. Today's date is November 14, 2013 and it is 10:31 am eastern standard time.
Flag Thu Nov 14, 2013
I have an appointment with the state attorney office about this company and how it scam people out of their money. I had several people including several people from the law enforcement field to help proof that the company is a fake. I will meet with the state attorneys office to show all the records I have attain and the proof. Beware that the address in Chicago IS A VITUAL ADDERESS. I have friends that told me that the address is not a physical building.

One of the supported lawyer is a lawyer that have been suspended by the California Bar. Do not trust this company.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 19, 2014
I sent over $5000 to this 'law' firm, and all they could tell me for 8 months that the mortgage company wouldn't respond to their calls or emails. I told them that that was why I hired them, I couldn't get the bank to respond either. Then they had me contact another lawyer for another $2000, just to have him tell me in 4 days I couldn't save my home. He had the same information as Credence. I asked them why they couldn't tell me that, with no response. Now they are not responding to me. I never got the password to keep an eye on progress, and I have asked numerous times for it. Most of the time that I would call, the call would go into a recording that all lines were busy....at all hours of the day. I couldn't leave a message, and told her that, and she smartly wrote back that she couldn't call me back if I didn't leave a message. I tried again to explain the situation with not getting the voice mail, and she just ignored me. There should be a class action law suit against them.
Flag Mon Sep 15, 2014
I had started what I thought was a loan modification with this company and have been so far out of the loop I don't know what to say about them except DONT TRUST THEM. I had paid approximately 9 or 10 payments and have spoken to several people who were supposed to be handling my file. I to this day don't know where I stand and am being told that the file is in review. I have been to 2 court dates and have been informed by the attorneys for the bank that they have had no contact with the company. I make attempts to call and I have to call numerous times before someone calls back, but they are surely on time when they want a payment. I have since sent an email stating that I am no longer paying them and have taken my business elsewhere. I would not advise anyone to use their services unless you have money to just give away. There have been about 3 different persons on my supposed file and one I was told no longer works for the company. Stay away from them.
Flag Fri Jul 25, 2014
Hi my name is Angelica Roberts. I trust this people to do a loan modification and I PAID THEM 2600 TO PUT IN A TRUST ACCOUNT to pay my mortgage company when the process was completed. I fired them and I requested my money and they are telling me that the refund department isgoing to work the case but I cannot get a phone number or and email to follow up on my money. '
If you get any info. that can help me getting my money back can you let me know your outcome or a phone number to help me on this, please. thank you. my email. natyangie1203@gmail.com.
Flag Sat Jul 19, 2014
Have you posted this on Ripoff Reports?
Flag Thu Jun 5, 2014
I think they are trying to scam me right now.......Been 4 months and I keep getting the run around and and seems that I am always send in paperwork to different people.....
Flag Sun Apr 20, 2014
Beware, got the same post card and after being guarantee that we would received the modification and $ 3,000 dollars later, this law group walked away without tell us the modification fell through. Then some want bees lawyer name RA call my home with a lot of legal BS. I thought it was illegal to practice law in the State of Fl without passing FL Bar exam I guess I was wrong. If you get a receptionist name T.V. listen and be ready to record the conversation as he is only being pay to sale the company BS.

After T.V. for bided us from speaking directly to the company. RA called to say it was our responsibility to call them and let them know the modification was denied.

Hid your money and deal directly with a federal housing agency and the bank. The option offered by the bank is free and the same ones Credence said that an only an expert could render. Asks the credential or education background of their experts - the only answer is -they have many year in the "con" business.

Before you send or sign a contract demand to know what lawyer if any will be handling your modification and you will see only want bees are acting as lawyers.

The feds should look into this company and start legal action for predatory schemes aim directly at homeowner.

Better yet maybe a class action law suit should be concerned by those who lose their home trusting in this law group and those who were swindle.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 17, 2014
cesar Mora (914)438-0429
Do not make any deals with this company, they are a scam. i have talked to Byron Landau himself that promise to do anything in his power to fixed the promise that was done by Roger Martinez and Pricilla Jenner. For the last two months they have not returned my phone calls. I had paid them $3,500.00 for a loan modification in september 2013. Roger Martinez and Shawn Autry used the word " guarantee" that i qualified for a loan at %2.00. Since they do not respond my calls or have send my money back I will be contacting the bar association, New York state Attorney General’s office, and Better Business Bureau..
Don't use Credence Law Group and if you do or have read the fine print THEY STATE IN WRITING THAT THE GARANTEE NOTHING AND CAN NOT BE HELD RESPNSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES DUE TO ANY FAULT MADE BUY THEM. I think that's enough said.......
OMG don't use this company, I have been waiting 5 months and they have over $4000.00 of my money and they now are trying to say I am out of compliance so they can keep my money and not honor the modification.
April 30, 2014! Beware!!!!!!!
DO NOT USE!!!! They took my money and never did a thing for me!! They said they could get us an unemployment benefit where we could pay less for 6 months to get through, that never happened. Then they said that we were ineligible, not sure why. Then they said contact them when husband got a job for a modification. They said they were contacting our mortgage company but found out from the mortgage company that months went by without being contacted. They would not return emails or phone calls. Do not give them money. Thankfully we only lost $1,500 but how said that homeowners that are already having trouble making it would be taken advantage by these scam artists during an already tough time in their lives. We got smart and canceled the second check. They sent us paperwork asking to be signed letting them off the hook! We filed with all other documents. Considering contacting the TV news stations here in Chicago IL to keep others from getting taken advantage of by this company as well.
A lawyer that can help you is Erik Miles at 312 854 8092 or Miles@LawFirmMiles.com give him a call.

He has no cost options available to you and other options which he charges for. Nonetheless, he's a good lawyer with a good track record.
Are they the same as south Western Law Group, I was considering working wit them ??!! Thank You Marian
no they r not the same cause clg is still processing my modification im scared im going to lose my house after reading all this i need help who can i call??????
Flag Thu Apr 10, 2014
NO NO! THEY ARE NOT REAL.
If you trust them you will be sorry!!!!! they will take your money and run
Credence Law Group A.K.A CLG Processing is a scam! Don't do it!!
They changed their name because of the amount of people bashing them online.

BEWARE of CLG Processing
BEWARE of Credence Law Group
Well I just started with them and yes they are asking for money upfront - i didn't know they shouldn't be. I have another day or two that i can take before legally withdrawing. I need help. Can someone tell me if there is such a thing as a cease and desist on foreclosure? That is the thing that made me trust them. If that was a lie, then i will cancel that last check. I trust them so far, and i DREAD thinking this is a scam. I pray to God they have gotten better and the responses in this forum are just a poor start to their small business that will soon be corrected...
don't do it iam out $ 500 .00 for trusting them ..I canceled with in 1 day, I am still waiting for my money
Flag Thu Mar 27, 2014
Run as fast as you can! Scam artists.
They go by two different names CLG Processing and Credence Law Group.
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014
Scam. Any real attorney puts their name on the door, not these fake names that are used to milk you out of your money, then close down and start under a new fake name.
Please please don't deal with them. They are scammers. They took $4000 from me and did nothing for 6 months. I was just servedsrved foreclosure documents last week. not returned my phone call and numbers are disconnected
Update on the refund that was promised, WELL ALL..... I WAS PROMISED A REFUND IN FULL ON FRIDAY THE 15TH IT'S THE 25TH AND STILL NO CHECK IN THE MAIL>>>GO FIGURE!!

I GUES IT'S TO THE AUTHORITYS AND THE BAR ACCOSSATION FOR ME. GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU.
Mr. Padilla,
Your first check we put a stop payment on since it never reached your home. I will overnight you another check today and will email you the tracking number so you can track it in the mail.
Byron
Flag Tue Nov 26, 2013
This was just released today on the subject of paying taxes on a short sale. http://tinyurl.com/k2cdldj

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
I was just sent an email by the owner of the company and he stated that there is a refund in the mail today. So we will see????????????
Don't do it, go to there web sight and call the main number it's disconnected. they are scam artist. they are not supposed to be collecting any fees upfront. they should only get paid if after the service is provide.

I am in the process of getting my issue with this company now. I will let you know how it goes.
To all on this forum,

Thank you all for your time,

Byron
bllandau@yahoo.com
I am Sundar Beekhoo, you were paid to do two Modification for me, it been about approximately a year or more, nothing to date. All i get is xcuses from you all. Would like my money refunded.Has forclosure proceeding on one of the properties.
Flag Thu May 1, 2014
I have not worked with them, but they have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau. There are HUD sponsored entities that will do your loan modification for free. You can do this on your own as well. As attorneys, we charge a fee to work on your loan mod, but that doesn't guarantee positive results. Good Luck.

Attorney Ranj Mohip is a Chicago real estate attorney. The information in this answer is general information and is not intended as legal advice. Further, answering this question or otherwise contributing as a member of Trulia.com does not create an attorney-client relationship. Remember--consult the best real estate attorney in Chicago or in your respective area. Contact us at http://www.ChicagoRealEstateAttorney.com for more information.
Hello Mr. Mohip, we are currently working with the BBB to resolve our complaints with them. I thank you for your input on regarding loan modifications. It is expressed to all of my clients that they are able to do this for free, even in our retainer we have one page dedicated to this and give them HUD's website.
Byron
Flag Thu Nov 14, 2013
Companies like this one is the main reason for the housing crisis in the first place! Mr. Mike Khor is a bold face lire and scam artist. So is Liz Johnson and Annette Castillo. Sent them the first installment they started the process and never finished it. Thank God BOA approved the loan mod we sent them.

Mr. Khor told me he would get back to after looking into my situation and never called back, all the phone numbers I have are disconnected, what a disappointment.

I will be filing a complaint with the Colorado and California bar Association, the Attorney generals office of both states. the FDIC and the FTC. I will applying for state assistance for an attorney and file a suite against this company.
Hello apadilla303,
Oh my goodness! We reside in Parker, CO and thank the Lord above we missed being scammed by these people at CLG by a mere day (Veteran's Day literally saved us since the banks were closed). We had filled out all of the paperwork and sent them 3 checks. Everything just seemed waaay tooo fast and too smooth so my daughter started researching their name online and she found this blog along with the link to their status with the BBB. They have an F rating with the BBB. There are 6 open complaints against them with the BBB. My daughter also found out that there is no real office space for these people. It is a virtual or shell office. SCARY! The head lawyer of this group has been reprimanded from the state bar in CA and IL. I faxed a letter (and federal expressed the hard copy today) that I was backing out of the contract. I also stopped payment on all of the checks before they had the chance to cash them. To anyone considering CLG...DON'T.
Flag Tue Nov 12, 2013
Yes, by all means we can help with a loan modification. If you are currently not making your mortgage payments we cannot stop the foreclosure proceding since it is the banks legal rights to foreclose on you, but we can help qualify you to see if you fit your banks guidelines.

Please email me at bllandau@yahoo.com
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT trust these people they are shysters.They lied to me and took 5500.00 from me and because I signed online the attorney generals office can't even get my money back. Now I am in arrears 5 months.
Good Afternoon, my name is Byron and I am the owner of this company. And by all means we help homeowners out. I apologize if you had a different experience, but I would like to make this right by you. Please email me at bllandau@yahoo.com
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
After promising that they could restructure my father's loan and insisting that he immediately begin making "installment" payments that CLG "calculated" he could afford, they disappeared after the second installment payment. When the mortgage company continued calling for past due payment and threatened to begin foreclosure proceedings, we were shocked to find out that CLG had NEVER contacted the mortgage company to attempt to negotiate a better loan. This company is a well designed SCAM. From reading other posts and attempting to call the "law firm" it is abundantly clear that Credence Law Group is a shell company with no real office space, run by an attorney that's been disciplined and had his license suspended in IL and CA. RUN FAST AWAY FROM THESE JOKERS.
Hello Skilo22, please email me directly. I would like to help with your complaint and resolve it. If you could please email me your full name so I can look your file up in the system and see what went wrong. I am not in the practice to hurt anyone, especially my clients and would like to resolve your issue immediately.
Byron
bllandau@yahoo.com
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
I just had my loan modification process completed by Credence law group, I am so thankful I used them. They do such an amazing job. I get to keep the home my family built.
I DONT BELIEVE SARAH. SHE IS ONE OF THEM.
Flag Tue Feb 25, 2014
Hello Sarah,
Thank you for your kind words, we are truly happy we could be of help to you.
Byron
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
I actually used Credence Law group, i was in foreclosure and no one would help me. They saved my house and reduced my interest rate and lowered my payment. I am happy. Money well spent!! Everyone's situation is different so for those of you ashing Credence...seems like you are upset with the loan you set up for yourself originally. This is not a scam i am vouching for this!
who ever needs a loan mod with ocwen call 888 838 3480 they did mine in 3 weeks and i paid onky when i signed my mod agreement no upfront fee, if they don't get it you don't pay.
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014
you are full of it, i was scammed for 4400$ and got a sale date because of them.
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014
isegura0611, Home Owner, North Providence, RII am having the same issue with Credence LAw GRoup. Credence failed to take things into consideration such as real estate taxes not included in the loan modificaation analysis and my 2008 bankruptcy . Per Credence, I am denied a loan mod until I reaffirm my loan. I looked online at te US DOJ website and it clearly states that my loan does not have to be reaffirmed to be elegible for HAMP. Credence will not help me any further unitl I get my loan reaffirmed. I have not recieved a returned email nor phone call. They aren't willing to even help me set up payment arrangements. I too am looking to file a lawsuit. The last contact with Credence was a voicemail informing me to pay my past due balance or reaffirm the loan. I paid them $4k for nothing. Does anyone know if I can dispute ocwens reason of denial (they want me to reaffirm loan) or if I can pursue a suit on Credence Law Group?
Hello Masis42, it seems there could be a misscomunication with my firm and your case. I would like to assist you and see what we can do for you. please email me directly at bllandau@yahoo.com

Byron
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
I agree that you can pursue a loan modification on your own, avoid the legal fees.
there are some public resources as well that might work, check out hud counselors to see if they can help.
I will say it takes persistence and the right math to get a loan mod. if you don't have sufficient income, it is unlikely anyone can get you a modification. If you have sufficient income, you have to be able to muck through the banks paperwork and complicated process.
I wouldn't pay someone to do a modification. the same goes for a short sale, if someone wants payment up front, find someone else to help you. regarding short sales, some banks are offering relocation incentives to some homeowners to do short sales (Bank of America is one I have experience with their program).
Dear Synthia,
I agree with you 100%. If you have the time to contact your lender on a regular basis and go through the process, you can achieve results on your own. If you need assistance, my firm would be happy to help.

Byron
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
they will just take your money.....they took almost $6000.00 from me and nothing was done. I want to pursue a lawsuit against them......they rush you to pay monthly legal fees equal to your monthly mortgage then hey call you and drop you to say they cant do anything about your case. Hard earned money from a cancer patient like me......how low could you get? Scammers like them should be prosecuted.
I am having the same issue with Credence LAw GRoup. Credence failed to take things into consideration such as real estate taxes not included in the loan modificaation analysis and my 2008 bankruptcy . Per Credence, I am denied a loan mod until I reaffirm my loan. I looked online at te US DOJ website and it clearly states that my loan does not have to be reaffirmed to be elegible for HAMP. Credence will not help me any further unitl I get my loan reaffirmed. I have not recieved a returned email nor phone call. They aren't willing to even help me set up payment arrangements. I too am looking to file a lawsuit. The last contact with Credence was a voicemail informing me to pay my past due balance or reaffirm the loan. I paid them $4k for nothing.
Flag Fri Aug 16, 2013
SCAM this SCAM site SCAM doesn't SCAM allow SCAM one SCAM word SCAM answers SCAM.
I would stay away! I used Credence and it was a disaster. They seemed very competent and professional until I paid them. Communication was terrible, turns out they should have never taken our case after assuring us it was a viable case.
WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME MORE ABOUT CREDENCE LAW GROUP.
MY EMAIL IS FAUR700@COMCAST.NET.
THANK YOU AGAIN, TOM.
Flag Wed Jun 26, 2013
Jerzeyb,

The answer below from Jose Hernandez is 100% spot on! You do not need an attorney or some other group to help you with your loan modification.

Simply contact your lender to initiate the process. They will send you a package by email or mail that will provide a list of everything that you need to return to them to be considered for the loan modification.
They are dirty. the reason nothing negative is online yet is because they just appeared out of nowhere.
Their attorney's are legit but their processer's are garbage. By the time you enter an agreement with them it will be too late. They illegally collect fees upfront for these services and do nothing.
None that I know of. Try the power of google.
I do not know anything good or bad about Credence Law Group. However, I recommend Erik Miles for foreclosure defense, loan mods, short sales etc. He can be reached at 312 854 8092 or miles@lawfirmmiles.com. Erik is effective, honest, and affordable.
If you're looking to get a loan mod your best bet is to get in touch with your lender. Even if you tried a loan mod before and didn't qualify, the rules recently changed and you may now qualify. The attorney can't do much more than what you're doing, but charge you a fee for their services.

If you need assistance feel free to contact me at anytime.
Dear Loan Mod Searcher,

I am not finding anything negative on line. Your best bet is to also check with the Better Business Bureau.
Cesar A Mora from New York..
this company is a scam. back in september i talked to Roger Martinez who told me that base on my income and all the documents that i provided to him, i qualify to obtain a loan from a different bank once i get the loan they will pay off my mortgage company in full. the interest rate he promised me was going to be around 2%. he asked me to send him 2 checks of $1,750.00 each, one would be cashed right away and the other once they got me the loan. two months after my application they cashed my second check and told me that their finance department were about approve the loan. i was so happy, after so many six months and sending them each month more documents i been told that my application was denied because my income was too low. i had call Byron Landau who promised to work on it and do everything in his power to fix the problem.. i haven't heard from him. Pricella Jenner told me that they can not get me my money back because they did their job.
Flag Wed Apr 30, 2014