Foreclosure in 33325>Question Details

Sivia E Mald…, Home Seller in

About the Realtor that sells more houses in Davie, Florida. I'm just trying to sell my house in this area.

Asked by Sivia E Maldonado, Thu Oct 4, 2007

I had to get rid of my agent because in 6 months he didn't even prepare an open house. I'm starting to feel the economic pressure. I don't want to loose my investment in this house, just because time is passing by, and I can't find a REALLY GOOD Agent or Realtor that works for me, instead of having one that works against me with a bunch of pessimism. That's why I asked the question. So, please, give me an honest answer, because I'm strugling here and I don't want to sell my house at under price also or at the long run be obligated to go to Forclosure.

Answers

15
Silvia,

Perhaps your real estate agent knew the reality of the market and was unable to communicate it to you. In this market, open houses will not sell your property. There are too many of them - serious buyers search for homes online - maybe his/her marketing strategy was focused here. Statistically, less than 1% of homes are sold at open houses, and that's in a an up market.

In my experience, you felt pessimism from the other agent - perhaps he/she thought the property was priced too high, ill-prepared for the market and invested the appropriate time in the selling effort - remember sh/she does not get paid until the property sells, and the smart agent knows that the home correctly priced, and well presented to the market for sale - will sell.

In today’s market, the path to success is
- price correctly, competitively, not comparatively
- professionally stage the home for sale, de-clutter and show the best attributes of the home
- market it online with good photographs, not 'snaps'
- Sell it - enter into negotiations’ with an open mind - your first offer may be your only offer

Raymond

Please read my blog entry below - I call it the PRICE REDUCTION GAME. Play it at your peril.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sivia,

I'm not a realtor, but I provide I.T. services to many real estate firms. I can tell you that the market in general in South Florida isn't just slow, but not moving very much. But even with that, your realtor should have done some online marketing, open houses, broker's opens, and provide you with a marketing plan.
If you are getting to the point of foreclosure, then sort sale may be an option for you. But you need to find a realtor that really know's what they are doing.

Was anyone here able to help you? Let me know, if not I can refer you to some serious realtors that do this full time, not as a hobby.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2007
Silvia - it's unfortunate that your Realtor did not meet your expectations. Any good Realtor should give you the average time it takes to sell a home in your area, they should prepare a marketing plan which includes pricing strategy, advertising, exposure and other key factors. Google their name to make sure they have a good Internet presence. Take a look at this article to know what to expect from a competent listing agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2007
Hi Silvia:

Have you made your mind regarding which Realtor to use, strategies and etc ? I am just touching basis with you.
I will not disturb you again, if you are interest into talk to me, I will be glad to swing by your place and do a no cost examination and present to you initial plans if we decide to list your property for sale.
Please call me at 954-401-0548, this will be our last message to you.

Regards
Carlos Lacerda
Charles Rutenberg Realty LLC
http://carloslacerda.sef.mlxchange.com
http://www.crrsouthflorida.com
954-401-0548
My main business is focused in Davie. I have 13 years of experience selling homes in Davie and over those years I have earned many sales records in the area. I will be happy to meet with you and present my past sales book for your review.
Dear home owner,
I have sold over $10M this year already. You could contact me if you wish. 954 643 1050.
Regards, Boris Russanov
Silvia:

All the answers and ideas given by the other Realtors are basically correct. A house is not only a house it is a home for some......we human beings sometimes fail to see the reality of things and the market does not take prisoners....so with a good combination of all mentioned by all the Realors that answered your question and my 20+ experience in Davie I am sure we can sell your property and by the way, if after my study of your property we do not agree on my maketing plan I will be the first one to say no to list your property for sale.

Regards
Carlos Lacerda
Charles Rutenberg Realty LLC
http://carloslacerda.sef.mlxchange.com
http://www.crrsouthflorida.com
954-401-0548
Hello Silvia,
for faster sale try to adjust the price according to CMA. Call me for Market value of your house.
Sivia,

Price , condition, and marketing sells a home. Look, you need to price the home correctly before the home goes upside down. You need an aggressive realtor, one that goes out eveyday and finds a buyer for your home. In this market you need more than a sign in the yard and the home put in the Multiple Listing Service. An Open House can work if done correctly. Also a Brokers Open house will also benefit in the sale of your home. The home needs to be priced correctly and be in excellent condition coupled with an aggressive realtor your home should sell. Homes are selling everyday. I hope your's becomes one of them.

John Palmisano
keller Williams Properties
Weston, Fl 33326
754-245-1404
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2008
The usual reasons homes do not sell is either price or condition or both. Condition relates to a homes in respect to it being cluttered, is it clean, is the paint a neutral color, was the home depersonalized? Did the owner leave when the buyers came, giving the buyers a feel for the home? Did the owner add flowers or plants to add curb appeal? Is the home in origional condition or does the kitchen have new appliances and new counters? Was your home priced with statistics? Were postcard sent out to the neighbors? And yes, you can sell a home at an open house. Good luck!
Sivia:
As Santy asked, "Was anyone here able to help you?" I read your first question, and although the first response was correct, I believe it may have irritated you more than helping you. I was then concerned with Raymond's comment about the "appropriate time in the selling effort." As a seller, I know what you are going through, just read my profile.

My house is now under contract because the buyer's agent IS the #1 producing agent in town. But when I first looked up her information, the link I had showed she had NO listings. I couldn't find out who the top agent was other than trial and error looking at each persons listings and website information. It turns out that this agent has 65 current listings. She is a full service Realtor and give more quality service and efficient time then the agents I fired that had less than a half dozen listings between the two of them.

Agents like to blame the sellers or the market just as much as the sellers like to blame the agents or the market. It's human nature to avoid blame. But the truth is, homes do sell. Your agent should be telling you exactly how many and why. Take a look at the referenced post, specifically my rant.

Ruth
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Silvia, Sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to help you, please visit my web site in order to view some of my listings and success stories in the past, along with some of my additional certifications.
Best of luck,

Maritza Jorge. PA
Web Reference: http://MaritzaJorge.com
Sivia,
Many sellers find themselves in this postion. I agree everyone below, this is an unfortunate situation to experiance. The fact is that many agents are "part time agents" and practice real estate as a hobby. The select few that are truly professional are available to you in your time of need, via email, phone or other forms of communication. It is very important that you feel comfortable with the agent you select. You should be able to trust your agent, that way you'll know that your agent is working with your best interests in mind. You might have to consider a short sale, but talk to your agent about possible solutions
I agree with Ines. Your Realtor should have been upfront with the length of time it takes to sell in your area, as well as marketing plan and pricing. Sorry to hear that did not happen. Let me know if I can be of any assistance on the matter. I wish you the best of luck!
If anyone is needing assistance in califorinia please reach out to me. I am having success selling homes for clients while in Prison. my email is John.searls@carringtonres.com
Flag Thu Dec 19, 2013
Silvia,

Please drop me an email and I would be happy to review your situation and see if I can help you realize your goal.

Raymond@Raymond Property Group.com