Foreclosure in Miami>Question Details

titofivepoin…, Renter in 33170

A lady came to the house am renting and she said she was there to cut the grass that the house is in forclosure what do i do ?

Asked by titofivepointzero, 33170 Wed Nov 21, 2012

Answers

6
I can advise you that many lenders and servicers are taking positive actions to maintain their assets when non-paying owners or occupants aren't. Especially in Judicial States (like Fla) where these folk are either taking advantage of the situation and not doing anything but taking from the public trough or playing "possum". So I advise you to 1st, ask whom is the Realtor assigned to this asset and reach out to them if they haven't already tried to reach you in vain, then 2nd to ask who is the lender or servicer on this asset and reach out to them. You have obligations as well as rights and you need to exercise both. If you want to discuss this further or have any other questions please reach out to me during normal business hours or send me your name, email address and phone number, I'll be happy to discuss matters with you. Regards, Steve E
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Do you have a lease on the Property? Its sounds like the owner has had the property foreclosed and the bank now owns the property. However if you have a lease you do have legal rights.
You will most likely be offered cash for keys to vacate the property

Please contact me, will be glad to help..
Get in touch with a real estate agent, tell him the address and he will check it for you.

There have been a lot of rental scams using vacant bank-owned homes. For more details, you can visit my blog, where I have written posts about this. http://theblogthatatemiami.com/?s=rental+scam

In the meantime, please contact your landlord. If you cannot reach them, you may be dealing with one of these situations.

My posts provide more details about this scam and how to protect yourself from them.

Best of luck
Usually, it takes several months before a bank actually forecloses on a property and takes possession. You will receive notice of this, but at that time, even if you are renting, you will probably have to move.

You may want to speak with the landlord and ask what the situation is. If the foreclosure action has been going on for a while, you may want to consider finding another place to live.

Before you move to another house, ask your Miami real estate agent to make certain the place you want to rent is not in the process of short sale or foreclosure.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http http://:www.JablonTeam.com
What is the address of the house?