Foreclosure in 33069>Question Details

Melissa Henao, Home Buyer in

A foreclosure sale has been scheduled on my condo for August 28th. How soon after the property sells will I be evicted? How does cash for keys work?

Asked by Melissa Henao, Mon Aug 19, 2013

I keep getting offers in the mail from attorneys offering to buy me more time and start a short sale and possibly get me money in moving expenses. Should I do this?

I filed for bankruptcy and was discharged almost 2 years ago. The mortgage is included in the bankruptcy therefore I cannot be sued for deficiency, correct?

I have read that the bank will contact me for the "cash for keys" or "relocation assistance" When will they do this? is it after the property sells or should i call them now before the sell date?

Answers

6
Deb Wolf’s answer
Hello Melissa,

You are currently in a short sale situation, but not for long... An attorney can do a short sale for you, but...it will cost you every time they pick up the phone or write a letter or file something. A knowledgeable broker will do the short sale for you, it will not cost you a dime - the bank pays the fee, and you could get your moving expenses paid.

Even though you were discharged in bankruptcy - the mortgage follows the property; therefore, you may be judgment proof, but you need to negotiate a short sale, clear the title and get forgiveness of any further debt! Please contact me. I am Debra Carney Wolf, retired attorney, and I am working for the greatest company in South Florida, The Keyes Company. If it is at all possible, I will help you to navigate this trying time. debwolf@keyes.com - (701) 226-0269 - http://www.debwolf.keyes.com
August 28 2014 OR YOU MEAN October 28? if its the second option you donot have any time left to do a short sale so take the money or hire a lawyer ro buy time if its for next year you can do a short sale. Cash for keys is ok if you donot have more time but if you do its better to do the short sale because you are not going to have deficiency due the fact that you file bankruptcy and you will get baxk on tract after one year if you can prove that you can prove a hardship . CALL ME NUBI AT 954-854 0629 Iif you have more questions
Looking at your case...Cash for keys would be the best option.

Paying attorneys and not having straight communication with your lender will not get you fat at this point.

Hope things well!
option 1
Do a short sale nd you can get more time and get money to relocate up to as $3000.00
Option 2
Wait for the bank to contact u and give you money but I donot know how much. Banks are greedy....
call me at 954854 06 29 to explain you in details and good luck
Melissa first and foremost we are not attorneys and you should consult with an attorney about your questions and options.

On the other hand If you have money for the attorney maybe you could find a settlement with your lender BEFORE the sale of you property instead spending the money on an attorney. If you want a settlement or cash for keys you should contact your lender on your own RIGHT AWAY. This is offered optional and doesn't mean that they will offer it to you.

Since you have only 8 days left before the scheduled sale date on August 28, time is of the essence in your case. You are almost running out of options.

It will be hard without a sales contract to convince your lender to cancel the sale date and do a short sale.

Good luck to you,

Annett T. Block
http://www.FortLauderdaleForeclosureSolution.com
If you're interested in cash for keys, its best to contact the bank sooner than later. Once the home has been sold at a public sale, the foreclosure process is over and the eviction process starts. They bank may end up buying the property if no other buyer offers more than they have. If not, it will be someone whose best interest is getting you out as quickly as possible.

Cash for keys agreements should be in writing. They are to reduce repair or rehab costs for the lender to be able to sell the property. They will be weighing any cash for keys offers against repair costs, legal fees, etc.

With any luck your sale date is scheduled for several months out so you can negotiate to be out very quickly. Good luck. If you can afford it, it is can be beneficial to have an attorney skilled in real estate or foreclosure law handle the request.