Question Details

enchrge, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

A company called New line equity arranges take over payments of deliquent mortgages good or bad idea?

Asked by enchrge, Chicago, IL Wed Jun 17, 2009

Answers

5
This business is illegal.

You need to report them to your attorney general for all the violations listed above.

It seems they are doing business out of California, which is a state where advertising rentals and mortgages without a real estate license is illegal.

Add to that identity theft and fraud, and the Attorney general should have a good case on her hands.

do your part and report this scam company to the authorities. I think the FBI should get involved too.
Its actually an excellent service that is helping the economy by liquidating banks bad loans. Sure they cost money but are you volunteering?
Please Read this if you are considering doing business with New Line Equity. They are crooks, liars, and cheats.

I should have known better, and I am so angry at myself and at this company, New Line Equity.

I called and they told me on the phone that there was NO SUBSCRIPTION, just a $1.95 ONE TIME CHARGE to view their listings. So I stupidly gave them my credit card and personal information.

Shortly thereafter, I got an email from PayPay. I don't even have a Pay Pal Account! They created one for me using my personal information. The email from PayPal said that I am being charged an ongoing monthly subscription of $49.95. The email further said that if I want to cancel the subscription I need to log on to my PayPal account... I don't have a PayPal account - so I couldn't log on to cancel or dispute the charges!

And of course, the customer service phone numbers at New Line Equity are usually not answered.I did get through to someone once, but as expected, she said that she couldn't help me and gave me another number to call, which just continually goes to voicemail.

The company is full of CROOKS, LIARS, CHEATS.

I wish I had read the hundreds of reports online about their crooked ways before I gave them my credit card. I should have known better, but I was scammed.

So please, take my advice. I'm an intelligent, well schooled individual that should have known better... If I can get scammed, anyone can.

STAY AWAY FROM NEW LINE EQUITY. YOU ARE THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY AND YOU WON'T GET IT BACK!!!
I know this question is from a few months ago, but thought I'd add this info. I just checked on them via scam report and several ex-employees are on the site saying the company is a scam, only interested in your money, steal your ID and start charging your credit card. They tell you its $9.95 to get started, and then start charging you $40 a month. It's nearly impossible to get your money back and stop the charges.

I'd say this is bad kharma, and not real.
I do not know them check out the hppt://makinghomesaffordable.gov website for foreclosure avoidance scams. Or contact one of the councelors in your area to get thier assistance.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Greenfield,Wisconsin