Foreclosure in 34715>Question Details

Barbi, Other/Just Looking in Minneola, FL

AFTER A FORECLOSURE SALE HAS PASSED, HOW LONG AFTER THAT DATE DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF THE PROPERTY?

Asked by Barbi, Minneola, FL Wed Mar 25, 2009

AND, WHEN THE EVICTION PROCESS BEGINS WITH THE SHERIFF, HOW LONG AFTER THAT TOO?

Answers

2
If it is the owner the occupant would be ordered to immediately vacate the premises at the time of the judgement.

If the occupant is a tenant of the previous owner I believe there is a process that has to be followed with law enforcement and that process can be lengthy. As a lanlord I know if I have to file eviction proceedings I am looking at three to six months depending on how willing the tenant is.

I hope this helps answer your question.
Barbi

I am not sure I understand your question. Once the house is foreclosed on, you will have to be out
immediately. If you have been served an eviction notice by the sheriff's department, you will be locked
out with all your things placed on the sidewalk the day after the court date.

Does this help?

Christine Selzler
ERA Select International