For Rent in 95820>Question Details

Homeowner, Other/Just Looking in 95820

i want to rent my 4bedrooms house for $1200,how do i get tenants,

Asked by Homeowner, 95820 Sat Oct 17, 2009

were can i find people to rent my house? want to rent my 4bedrooms home,how do i get tenats

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 95820

Answers

7
If you have the time and knowledge you can run ads and keep meeting potential tenants to show the property. As a licensed Realtor we do it all for you and do not get paid unless we get it rented. Usually for only a 1 month fee and takes the stress and aggrevation away from the homeowner. Plus we have access to running credit and background checks, the power of listing the property on the Real Estate Multiple Listing site as well as other public site we are affiliated with opening up the exposure to potential tenants and other Realtors with clients adding much more exposure than you can get as an individual. Thats what we do so I would hire a professional you trust and are confident in working with. Another thing is to get stuck with a bad tenant working on your own, most people who are deadbeats or scammers prefer to not work with an educated Realtor who knows how to do his/her job right and can't pull a fast one. The fee is well worth securing a good new tenant. Good Luck.
Russ Greenberg
Weichert Realtors Village Point
Boca Raton, FL
FlaHomeMover@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
If I will you contact a Property Management in that area their fee is negotiable..
Talk to them and ask what kind of term the have..
Put a sign in the yard, advertise on Craigslist as was said, or other websites, and word of mouth. I don't see much return when I advertised in the SacBee. However, be very careful on some of the websites for scams...such as someone saying they want to rent it from out of town, they're sending you a check via Fedex for more than is owed and they want you to pay the difference into one of their accounts....there's more like that but it's too long of subject to post here.

My one advice I ALWAYS follow....I hold my second visit with them in their current residence. That's where I bring the paperwork. Everyone says they're clean, etc. etc. but seeing is believing. REst assured your property will be in the same condition as this house they're currently living in.

Also, make sure you know tenancy laws in California...how much you can take for a downpayment, terms of a lease vs. a month to month contract....it's not as simple as you might think. In fact, if you've never done it before, either enroll in Rental Housing Association and learn it yourself, or hire someone like Ed Favinger to be your property manager.
Web Reference: http://www.suearcher.com
A property manager will charge you a fee to handle the rental but otherwise I would also say, post an ad on Craigslist.com.

Have a great day,

DeeDee Riley
Hi there...

In addition to sales of real estate, we also manage rental properties.

If you have a digital camera, take some pictures of your home that include the front, the back, get a street scene.. if a park or school is close by get a picture of that too... and then post them on Craigslist.

If you want to spend a little money, you can buy a webpage at http://www.postlets.com that will allow you to add I think up to 18 pictures. I think the cost of 1 webpage is like $10.00.

You can get a "for rent" sign at Home Depot or Lowes and stick out there in the yard to get some folks that happen to drive by.

Be sure and run the credit of any person over 18 that applys to rent your home.

If you have any more questions, you can contact me at anytime.

I hope this helps....

Make it a great day...
I am not an agent in your area so there is no finanical gain by me giving you some advise. Having a Good Agency and a Good Agent, could in the end save you time and money. This is our business and we do this daily, so we know best how to market and to find QUALIFIED tenant/buyer's. There is also the saftey factor invovled.
In short, they may be able to do it faster/safer and get you more money as well.

Cathy Cataletto
Place an add under rentals in Craigs list. http://www.craigslist.com

Be sure to add pictures and contact info!