For Rent in Whitman>Question Details

Haley Connea…, Home Buyer in Whitman, MA

i am trying to find some rent to own propeties in hanover,ma east bridgewater,ma and whitman,ma are there any

Asked by Haley Connearney, Whitman, MA Tue May 5, 2009

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Whitman

Answers

3
I looked up your cities in question in http://apartments.cazoodle.com

Hanover there were - 29 listings
Bridgewater there were - 74 listings
Whitman there were - 20 listings
Haley,
I looked in other towns and did find properties in Pembroke, Plymouth and Halifax offering assumable, lease option, or seller participation options.
Chris
Hi Haley,

There are fewer rent to own properties in the current market. With historic low interest rates, an $8k first time buyer credit, and mortgage programs with as little as 3.5% down, sellers have little reason to rent if their goal is to sell. Generally, a seller will look for a significant down payment to be escrowed when structuring a rent to own purchase. So if you have a deposit, the next issue is the ability to secure a mortgage. If you are unable to secure a mortgage today, but expect to be able to in the future, that's another concern to a seller.

Having said all that, it is possible to search the MLS for properties where; the seller will participate in financing, there is a lease option, or the mortgage is assumable. Currently there are no properties in Whitman or East Bridgewater that meet that criteria. If you'd like me to notify you if anything becomes available please feel free to contact me.