For Rent in 85704>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

how to know whats a fair rent to charge? I listed my property for rent last week, within 20 minutes i had three people practically begging to sign a

Asked by Mark, Tucson, AZ Sat Jul 16, 2011

lease, does that mean i under priced it ? Property is located on suffolk hills , its 2200 sqrft, on an acre.

1 vote Share Flag For Rent in 85704

Answers

6
Hi Mark,
Did you check their credit? After they sign the lease, maybe you will be begging for your rent check. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 18, 2011
http://www.rentometer.com/ ... this is a program where you can put in your direct area and details of home and it will let you know what the average home like yours rent pricing. There are alot of displaced families so that may also contribute to why. Good Luck!!!

Kindest Regards,
Dianne Hicks
Best way to find out about what to charge for rent is to check out what other like properties in your area are going for.
hey mark,
if you ever decide you want to work with a property manager let me know. i am a Realtor/Property Manager with Copper Rose Realty. We have been doing this for years before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. there are certain sites we use to determine rents. jennifer tillman 520-203-1572
I looked on the local MLS Mark for Suffolk hills, and there was only one rental listed. It was 2900+ sq. feet on a very large lot - asking $5200 for rent. Let me know if you wish to see a wider circumference than just your immediate neighborhood. Cara
Hi Mark,
The rental market is extremely hot right now, so I would say that the fact that you had so many people calling you might not necessarily mean that you underpriced it. You can check out my most recent blog here on trulia about how hot the market is and how people should buy now if they can. :)
I would definitely do my research though. I also do property management and I always do a thorough study of what my current competition is renting for and what is already rented. I would check out Craigslist for other rentals in your area OR if you have a real estate agent that you work with, they can check the local MLS for you.

Congrats- Hope you signed a lease and got a good tenant!
Web Reference: http://mcallisterhomes.com