For Rent in 08902>Question Details

Cmt115, Both Buyer and Seller in 08902

how can a real estate agent help me w/ renting out my condo?

Asked by Cmt115, 08902 Tue May 11, 2010

i've been posting on craigslist for the past month and have had lots of inquiries, but no commitments. i don't feel like renters are lined up at the real estate office, so what can they do that I can't?

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 08902

Answers

5

A Perfect example: A Landlord rented his 2bedrm condo in Piscataway last year and took him 45 days to rent.
This year, I listed his condo , did proper advertising, and was rented in 4 days with 3 offers on the table. Also, the landlord got $50/Month more than the last year.
I also assisted him with lease and addendum to the lease in which Water and sewer were to be paid by the tenant. The land lord saved quite a bit and is very happy.

For further questions, contact me at my cell# 732-277-9321.
Vishal Maher
Richa Realty
Cell# 732-277-9321
Web Reference: http://www.vishalmaher.com
Exposure and qualified tenants.
For years I rented out one of my properties on Craigslist. I got tons of flakey calls--people asking the same questions that the ad answered. People not showing up. And so on. Then (and this was before I became a Realtor) I decided to list it with a Realtor.

It was SO much easier. First, the flakes read Craigslist. Serious renters use real estate agents. Second, I didn't have to keep showing up at the property--generally for people who didn't show. I didn't have to do the credit checks.

You ask: What can they do that I can't?

-->Screen applicants.
-->Show up (or put a lockbox on) at the convenience of the would-be renter to show the property.
-->Put your property on the MLS.
-->Do a credit check on applicants (as part of their service)
-->Answer phone calls and inquiries regarding your condo. ("I know your ad says you don't allow pets, but how about a cat?" "Your ad says rent is $1,000. Does that include the condo fee?" "Can I see your condo in 15 minutes?")
-->Evaluate applications.

And that only scratches the surface.

Trust me: It's worth it.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
If you have maximum exposure--an agent can help by posting on MLS, and other internet sites, and are priced fairly, eventually you will land a renter--be mindful of market conditions, some renters have become owners due to the first time buyer tax credit, look at local unemployment statistics, some renters may have moved back with family because of lack of jobs/funds, etc.,
They can list the property for rent on the MLS system, it's not going to hurt anything, it only increases your exposure. Normally you would pay the realtor 1 months rent as a finders fee, but if you let it sit one more month because you cant find a tennant on your own then you would have been better off paying the finders fee and getting a tennant in place to pay the rent, so when you look at it that way then its a wash. The other reason you might not be having any luck is your asking to much for rent, a realtor can help you with that as well and you can check it out for your self on http://www.rentometer.com
Web Reference: http://www.sjrates.com