For Rent in West Mount Airy>Question Details

Netsy, Renter in West Mount Airy, Phi...

What are the best places to rent a house in West Mt. Airy? Safest, most affordable?

Asked by Netsy, West Mount Airy, Philadelphia, PA Wed Feb 23, 2011

Answers

5
Are you looking for a house or an apartment?
You are probably better off renting in Montgomery County, rather than Philadelphia, because the car insurance is much more reasonable and the Philadelphia City Wage Tax is reduced for non-residents working in the city, but living outside of the city. Also, the schools, arguably, are better inasmuch as the number of students in the classroom size typically are fewer leading to more interaction between teacher and student.

I happen to have a two bedroom apartment in Elkins Park, reasonably priced and well located.

Joel Harnick
Preferably a small house. If not a good sized apartment.
Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
Hi, Netsy.

That's a touchy question to be asking licensed agents. It could lead an agent into steering you (per the Fair Housing Act) towards certain parts of West Mt Airy.

I would say your best bet would be to find an agent you like, request some current rental listings from him/her (based on your criteria), and go out and see different parts of the neighborhood in person. That will be the best way to get the answer to your question.

Please let me know what I can do to help you out.

Tim

Timothy M. Garrity | Brown McKinney Real Estate, Co.
Real Estate Professional & Consultant
http://www.phillyurbanliving.com

tgarrity@brownmckinney.com Email| http://www.brownmckinney.com/tim Website
215-825-2250 x 1007 Office | 267-879-2716 Mobile | 267-318-7004 Fax