For Rent in 94114>Question Details

Mariamae, Renter in San Francisco, CA

I plan to move in San Francisco in Feb-March 2011. I am 58 y.o. female; I would like to rent an affordable place preferably in smaller buildings, with

Asked by Mariamae, San Francisco, CA Sun Dec 5, 2010

I would like it be one bedroom, hardwood floors, safe neighborhood. I drive, so the place could be within 15-20 min driving from the heart of San Fr. I heard about communities 55 . Where do I find them?

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 94114

Answers

3
J. Mario Preza, CRB, CDPE’s answer
Most of San Francisco's neighborhood fit a bit of your description, however, "communities 55" is something that might not be as readily available in the fashion you're describing. I know of a condominium complex in the heart of the Mission that is specifically for older folks, but there are certain conditions (I am not privy to all these as these are rentals and I personally don't handle that side of the formula), but, the area where these condos are leave much to be desired in the way of safety -- they are near the BART station, (rapid transit), and there are far too many people in and around the area to be safe. On the other hand, if you find things online, as responders have said, craigslist, you may narrow your search by checking online first then checking the areas once you're here. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.craigslist.org
Hi Mariamae,

Melia is correct about Craigslist. Even the agents use it to advertise their rentals. It the THE main source for rental housing in the Bay Area. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 5, 2010
Hello Mariamae,

Hopefully a great local SF agent will respond.
Don't underestimate the power of Craigslist, generally I find that there are more homes offered for rent on Craiglist than offered on the MLS system.

Good luck and I hope you find the right place!
Web Reference: http://www.oliverindra.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 5, 2010