For Rent in 07030>Question Details

Tr_mt, Home Seller in 07030

I'm looking to lease my condo and I've signed an Exclusive Right to Lease agreement with an agent. Can I?

Asked by Tr_mt, 07030 Thu Jun 18, 2009

terminate this agreement if I decide to take my condo off the market? If I find a buyer without the involvement of any agents, am I required to pay a fee?

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 07030

Answers

4
A lease listing agreement is the same as a sale listing agreement. If you wish to take the condo off the market, you can ask for an unconditional withdrawal. That will allow you to find a buyer or renter on your own, providing that renter or buyer you find did not see the property while it was listed with a REALTOR.

Check your listing agreement. There's a section that is filled in by your listing agent that states 'if the real estate is sold, leased or exchanged within _____days of expiration of the listing agreement to someone introduced to the property during the term of the agreement' you must pay a commission.

An unconditional withdrawal voids the listing agreement . A listing agreement is a binding contract to sell or lease property. This answer is not legal advice, only an attorney can provide that.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 19, 2009
If your end goal is to terminate your relationship, and then find a buyer on your own (which it looks like it is), usually there is a time period of after the agreement terminates that the agent would still be compensated.

I would be sure to re-read the agreement to see what that time period is and if you signed for any retainer fee paid to the broker.
I would discuss this with an attorney. An attorney with real estate transaction experience can best guide you.
Yes, you can cancel at any time. Make sure you put it in writing, too. Check your contract for fees. usually if a buyer comes 30 days after the cancellation of agreement, no you do not have to pay. Otherwise you may have 6 months. Check your contract