For Rent in Nashville>Question Details

Monique Robi…, Renter in Nashville, TN

How do I find section 8 voucher homes for rent in Nashville, TN? Having a hard time finding a 2 bedroom single family home on the section 8.

Asked by Monique Robinson, Nashville, TN Thu Feb 2, 2012

Answers

20
Check out http://www.homeplacenashville.com. They have lots of rentals and can help you out.
Harold Plemons is the contact person and his information is below:

Office: 615-800-7816
harold.plemons@gmail.com
polothamc@yahoo.com
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
I AM A SINGLED FATHER IN NEED OF A 3 BEDROOM HOUSE ASAP!
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
One suggestion would be to contact the persons who have listed their houses for rent on craigslist, and backpage for example and just inquire whether or not they accept section 8. You won't know for sure unless you ask.
Web Reference: http://www.craigslist.org
MY HUSBAND LEFT ME AND ALL I HAVE FOR PROTECTION IS MY FOUR YEAR OLD BOXER AND I HAVE TO HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE ...IM ON SECTION 8 AND IM LOOKING FOR ONE OR TWO BED ROMM DUPLEX .JUST BECAUSE YOU AARE ON SECTION 8 DOSE NOT MEAN YOU WANT TO LIVE WITH ROACHES AND MICE I KNOW I DON'T ...THE GOVERMENT REALLY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 17, 2013
It is up to the owner of the home if they except section 8. Unfortunately, often those who have gone through the process of setting up to accept section 8 vouchers use it as a way to neglect their properties and still have captive tenants. Someone at the housing counseling agency may be able to help you find a better place, they can be reached at (800) 569-4287
Flag Thu Apr 10, 2014
Thanked
Flag Tue Sep 17, 2013
well I think your right it seems they only put the bad, wore out, RAGGED homes on section 8 to me if you go through an company like rentbits or anyone else if they can take section 8 on one home and not any other they should not be able to rent anything through section 8 . section 8 just seems to be away for renters to get rid of there bad proprets
Flag Fri Aug 23, 2013
When contacting property managers make it your first question if they accept Section 8; most professional property managers in Nashville will not deal with the Section 8 bureaucrats and the hassle of their paperwork.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 2, 2012
my name is Bonita Swafford looking for a 3bd 1 bath home for rent that takes section 8 voucher to a clean family that takes care of other peoples stuff. 1boy age 11 two girls 10 and 13.in the nashvill, tn area code 37206,37207,37115 please help me my email is swafford.bonita@ymail.com
I'm looking for section eight two bedroom 4 rent in gallatin Tennessee.
HI, I'M LOOKING FOR SECTION 8 HOUSES IN EAST MEMPHIS TN, AND I'M HAVING A HARD TIME.
i am in need of a 2 bedroom home that accepts section 8. few people i know find nice homes and move every year here i am stuck in a high high crime area and feel stuck. is there any rental property that is for rent thats in a quiet neighborhood?
I am in this exact situation only my problem isn't so much as high crime it's more of the fact that I live in an apartment and I have three kids and the youngest is 1! My downstairs neighbor HATES every step we take! I try to be aware and not let my baby run or jump but the truth is she is too young to understand and the downstairs neighbor is too old and cranky to care! I am looking for another place but I'm trying to avoid an apartment. I was looking at the Madison area..........But now I just don't know! Ugh How frustrating! Section 8 has such a bad rep! No decent place wants to deal with it! Feeling quit stuck myself!
Flag Sun Apr 20, 2014
how do I find section 8 vouchers for rent in Knoxville tn. I am having a hard time finding a four bed room house or a 3
HELLO,MY NAME IS ALISA RIGHT NOW I LIVE IN DICKSON CO. JUST GOT MY YOUNGEST SON JOSEPH OFF TO COLLEGE AND I AM ON SECTION 8 AND I AM NEEDIND A TWO BEDROOM AND TWO BATH IF I CANT GET THE TWO BATHROOMS THATS FINE BUT I AM LOOKING TO MOVE TO NASHVILLE AS SOON AS I CAN ITS JUST TIME FOR A CHANGE IN MY LIFE. IF U COULD HELP ME TO FINE SOMETHING IN A VERY NICE PLACE GOD BLESS U. I DONT KNOW HOW TO GO BOUT FINEING A PLACE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY OR STATE FIRST TIME MOVING OUTSIDE MY AREA. IF U KNOW OF ANYTHING PLEASE CALL ME AT 615-202-1807. THANK U AND HAVE A VERY BLESS DAY
We do Section 8 if our rentals qualify http://www.renewtn.com We are a local office in the Inglewood / East Nashville area with rentals all around Nashville. Just please make sure you have a voucher approved for the number of bedrooms you are calling about.
im looking for a house in Nashville tn for rent that has 3 bedrooms takes section 8
Flag Wed Sep 24, 2014
my name is renita foster and i do have an section 8 voucher for a four bedroom house.Could you please help me find something? my contact number is 6154858273 or 6155099166
Flag Thu Nov 28, 2013
I have a section 8 voucher. a single father in desperate need of a 3bedroom in Davidson county. Nashville tn 615-803-8051
We have one that will qualify http://www.renewtn.com look at 2674 Old Matthews Rd
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013
its impossible good luck I have been looking for 3 br home for a year they have tn housing search but there is no more than 10 houses on there at a time for ALL of Davidson county ?
I go on http://www.tnhousingsearch.org it list all section8 houses, duplexes n apartments in all of Tennessee
Hi!! My name is Tony Brown. I have been waiting on section 8 housing for 15 months!! I apply March 2012. I think they throw my application away. That's a year and 3 months. Everybody else I know got there place. Email me back info please.
long waiting list...i been waiting about that long also..just got my appointment for the 24th
Flag Sun Jun 16, 2013
I looked up section 8 houses in the search engine and the website www. rentbits.com keep coming up
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
trying to find a three bedroom section voucher home in nashville tennessee
Hi could you please give me a call @ 6152946965 we have a section 8 and we looking for a home 3 bedrooms in nashville TN area thx
Have you looked on the Sec 8 office bulletin board? Or did your worker give you a listing of landlords who accept the housing choice voucher (Sec 8)? I have a Sec 8 voucher but this landlord won't let me out of the lease so I can transfer my voucher. But I hate this town so much and am so sick of it that I'm going to leave my rental and lose my Sec 8 voucher. My son and I have lived in misery for 6 months all because I wanted to see my family and then I've not got to see them anyway because of a stupid misunderstanding or something that happened last Thanksgiving. I came back to the town I hate for nothing. We both want out of this place so badly. Oh also you call rentals and ask if they accept the Sec 8. It is easier to look on the board. Sometimes ads will say if they accept the Sec 8 or not.
http://www.gosection8.com/Section-8-housing-in-Nashville-TN/…

I found this website, check it out.
Sharon