For Rent in Centreville>Question Details

Ranjeev, Real Estate Pro in Oak Hill, VA

How do I find a corporate tenant in and around Washington DC?

Asked by Ranjeev, Oak Hill, VA Thu Jul 29, 2010

I am looking to rent an unfurnished townhouse in Fairfax County to a corporation.

Answers

3
I'm afraid John is right. On the very few occasions I have gotten a corporate inquiry on a rental property I had listed, it has always been closer in and convenient to Metro. Corporations who have shorter term needs are trying to find convenient, no worry situations for the employees or contractors for whom they provide housing so the key elements are going to be locaion and proximity to transportation, professional management and usually furnished space.
Basically, you won't, for three reasons. First, major corporations, as tenants, want furnished properties. Second, major corporations want to deal with professional commercial property brokers on a contract basis. Third, your property is in Centreville, which is just too far away from major employment centers to be attractive to a major corporation. I have been involved with residential real estate in Northern Virginia for over 35 years, and not once have I ever seen or heard of an individual landlord renting an unfurnished home to a major corporation in a prime location, much less a secondary location such as Centreville.

I suggest that you list your property with a licensed Realtor affiliated with a professional property manager.
Corporations more often go to rental communities, as they are readily available and have many services and other ammenities. However, you can seek out these types of rentals by marketing directly to them.