For Rent in 30004>Question Details

Janice Thomas, Home Owner in Illinois

Discharged from ch7 12/09, looking to rent w/option to buy in alpharetta ga. Relocating from illinois. What are my options?

Asked by Janice Thomas, Illinois Mon Aug 16, 2010

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 30004

Answers

7
FORGET the option! It will only bleed precious cash and limit your options. As a local investor, I can tell you there are deals and motivated sellers everywhere. Foreclosure and BK rates are rising......... things aren't gonna change for a while. Consider saving your cash, managing your budget and building your credit while you rent. Make the move easier knowing you don't have to commit to a certain area of Alpharetta. Take some time to "live" and learn Alpharetta, while streanthening your credit and buying position. 24 mos from now you can have more knowledge, confidence and buying POWER. Good luck! Feel free to send me details of your requirements in Alpharetta and I'll shoot you any deals I come across.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 16, 2010
It wouldn't hurt to get a local Realtor that can work with you, not to push you into buying a home but getting you settled in a rental property till your feet are strong to buy. I support all that suggested this option to you.
Hi Janice,

Steve is correct regarding Options - I gave him a thumbs up - that is not a purchase vehicle for a regular home buyer to utilize. I want to make sure you understand my previous post below - when I said I can help you find the right "option" - I was referring to the right type of approach to getting a home based on your personal circumstances, income, and long term goals. I was not refering to helping you find a Lease Option - these are worse than Lease Purchases by far and only for sophisticated investers who know what they are doing. You need someone who not only knows GA contracts and purchaer and tenant law, but building structures, mortgage vehicles, and what to look out for when renting or leasing properties - especailly if the owner is what I call the professional investor - those who own a large portfolio of properties they fix up and self manage as opposed to using a professional management company. There are many very professional and ethical investors who do great rehab and restoration work, and a ton who do shoddy work and try to get buyers into bad leases and lease options on a substandard and overpriced property - its important to have someone who can help you distinguish between the two!

I am that someone - contact me anytime if I can be of service.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
“Know what you’re buying - Before you submit your offer!”
If you know of anyone who may be interested in relocating to Port St Lucie FL, have them check out my website, http://www.conniebaker.com, rent or sale.
Web Reference: http://www.conniebaker.com
Janice,

You want to be careful before you venture into a lease purchase or lease option - I can help you find the right option for you - as far as properties go and willling sellers, they are there in many price points.

If you want sound advice and maximum protection, contact me for more details.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
Janice,

I live in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek/Duluth area. There are quite a few options for you in Alpharetta. If you can give me your criteria, I will definitely be able to help you immediately and swiftly. Please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks.

Shyam Nagalla
678-643-0375
What is your time frame and price point, Janice?

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.SellsRealty.org