For Rent in Indianapolis>Question Details

John W Vermi…, Renter in Indianapolis, IN

why wont trulia reps or owners respond to inquiries?

Asked by John W Vermillion, Indianapolis, IN Sat May 11, 2013

Answers

10
Keep in mind that online information is fed by a variety of sources, therefore if inquiring about specific properties, contact the listing agent directly, or work with an agent of your own.....
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
John, Most Real Estate agents don't deal in rentals. I do not deal in reantals at all. I would recomend if your looking at homes to rent it would be best to call the agaent that has the rental listed. I hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
FYI -- there are no "Trulia Reps" to respond to your inquries. Trulia is a website that pulls listings from various sources. It's NOT a company that actually facilitates real estate transactions. Your best bet is to find an agent in your area who specializes in rentals or find some property management companies. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
I am a local agent in your area, and will answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me at 317-213-8643.
The best thing to do is contact your own agent. My agent is Jamelle Walker. He is really good. Here is his info
Jamelle Walker
jamellewalker2002@yahoo.com
317-453-0917
jamellewalker.kwrealty.com

It is very frustrating when you are trying to find a home for your family. This guy is good.

Best of luck
John, regarding your point about getting a response from someone, you are absolutely right. IF you are indeed contacting the correct LISTING agent or property management company for that particular rental property, then YES you should get a call back.

Unfortunately, Trulia listings are very deceiving to the public. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to find the person or entity who listed the property. But along they way, you see other agents info -- agents who PAY for advertising/leads on this site.

And Duane & Donna are correct -- most agents on this site deal with SALES, not rentals. So I can see if you're contacting an agent, and it's not their listing and they don't deal with rentals, you'll likely not get a response.

Complain to TRULIA.

Furthermore, I completely disagree about your comment "if you are listed with this site then its your responsiblity to understand renters needs..." NOT TRUE. Real estate agents are independent contractors and we can choose to specialize in different areas of real estate. Most choose to deal with SALES not rentals. There is very little money in rentals. (Yes, we are a greedy bunch, aren't we!)

Think about it....It's like an engineer who decides to specialze in electrical engineering over software engineering. Or a teacher who specializes in math, but not PE. It's a free country. Just because we are a real estate professional doesn't mean with HAVE to deal with rentals.

FYI -- it is a very tough rental market right now, and rental agents and property management companies are inundated with inquiries about properties. As I said before, it's best to contact your own rental agent or property management company in your area who can work for you.

GOOD LUCK!
sg if you are listed with this site then its your responsiblity to understand renters needs we have but 2 days to look a week and to press contact property and get a answering machine quite frankly pisses me off
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
no disrespect if you are a professional and YOU choose to use trulia THATS ON YOU a reputable agent that list his/her name should be available to potential customers needs period that includes roughing it once and a while and have to work on the weekend or around their schedules wnhen i see and click a button that instructs me that i will connected with someone that i can ask questions not thru a website so my search goes on
Call or text me at 317-966-6004 or email me at RSmiley@CallCarpenter.com , I can give you the information needed on any property you find on Trulia in the Indianapolis area.
Ronald Smiley
Associate Broker
Carpenter Realtors®
What properties are you interested in? I'll happily respond!