For Rent in Shrewsbury>Question Details

Jessica Mill…, Renter in Worcester, MA

who owns this house because im suppose to be moving in the house on the 18 of dec and i sent 600 dollar depostit to some one that claime they own it?

Asked by Jessica Miller, Worcester, MA Thu Dec 16, 2010

very pissed

Answers

5
Sorry to tell you Jessica but you got scammed. I am the current legal owner and purchased the house on 11/30/2010. It currently is not, nor was it ever legally listed for rent. You should contact the police if you have not already.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 17, 2010
I agree, contact your local police if you think you have been a part of a scam. I am a rental agent for a home in Falmouth and have had someone scam my listing NUMEROUS times on Craigslist. They claim to be the owner when you email them and have you send information and a deposit to rent the home, but the entire thing is a scam.

In order to find the owner, you can check local public records department, ask a neighbor(s) or ask any local agent--if you were scammed, do contact the authorities.
I work in the Shrewsbury area. Give me the address and I can look up the deed of the house.
Muneeza Nasrullah
Hallmark Sothebys International Realty
There are a huge number of scams out there. Sounds as if you may be a victim.

Contact your local police.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA