For Rent in 85008>Question Details

tekea, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

what are good areas to live in I am moving to phoenix az my job is located in zip code area 85008?

Asked by tekea, Phoenix, AZ Fri May 17, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 85008

Answers

11
Troy & Mia Erickson’s answer
Tekea,

What is good to you may not be good to someone else, so this question would be impossible to answer without knowing your wants and needs. In order to answer a question like this, I would have to know what you are looking for, not only in the criteria for your home (such as price, number of bedrooms, square footage, pool, garage space, etc.), but also what you are looking for in a neighborhood (distance from work, close to schools, newer neighborhood, close to a park, close to shopping, etc).

If you already know what you are looking for, I would be happy to discuss with you areas that might meet your needs. If not, I would recommend that you take some time to answer these questions, so when you are working with a real estate agent, they will be able to assist you easier and faster.
Hi Tekea. As others have noted, it's hard to say what is good or bad. We like to take people on a tour of the city and answer questions along the way.

We find it takes a couple hours to get to know someone and uncover the things that make life special for them.

If you'd like an Urban tour by a true Urban... just let me know.

Best to you... Gene Urban
Depending on where you want to be--from nicest to yuckiest--

Paradise Valley, directly north and a bit east of Central PHX.
next, Scottsdale, adjacent to PHX, starting about 56th street and Camelback

Next, toss ujp between Glendsale, and Peoria, north west of phX.

better homes are due north of downtown, then north east

I am a buhyer's agnet and I give rebastes on the commisino the seller gives me.
kkemper_@msn.com
Tekea,

I have had clients that work in that area however they have chose to move in other areas north or east.
If you would like to contact me direct I could assist you on your search.

Lucinda Tkach
phoenixrealtorservice@Gmail.com
Hi Tekea:

Welcome to Arizona! Gilbert and Chandler to the south were both in the top 100 best small towns to live in the US per Money Magazine. Scottsdale is one of the most popular areas to live in. Check out http://ArizonaHomesLand.com for an online relocation guide with more details.

Of course your price point, dictates in certain areas. Scottsdale, Paradise Valley are more expensive to purchase.

Call me with specific questions.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
You will want to consider what is most important to you--freeway access, commute time, schools, community/sports events, and price. Are you considering buying or renting?
renting.. i have never been before but i would like to be close to my job not to far... what area is 85008(downtown)....?? looking at the map i see the airport near by
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Hi Tekea,
Nice part of 85008 is that is is surround by the major freeways, so you have easy access to that area.
85008 borders South Scottsdale, west Tempe/ & West Mesa. Your very close to the East Valley which is a very popular. Ahwatukee is about 20 minutes south, and that is a very common area that new comers like. Very low crime, great schools.
West Valley is very affordable but can be a a little farther of a distance.
You can pull up rentals and sales on my website. http://www.AZhouses2homes.com
If you have any questions or would like a more specific search sent to your email please let me know. Thank you
Dawn Ugorek
Keller Williams - Sonoran Living- Phonenix
480.221.1940
email.: dawnugorek@gmail.com
website: http://www.AZhouses2homes.com
A good area is a matter of perspective. You can go to my site http://moveinthevally.com/links,html and check area information. Also be sure to look at the Arizona Buyers Advisory that has a link there. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://moveinthevalley.com
There are a lot of great areas to suggest near there. It also depends on your price range. One of my favority areas is 38th Pl. Go to McDowell and go north on 38th place and there is a cute hidden community where the homes are well taken care of. A lot of the homes have mature trees where you feel like you are in a different state than Arizona. I have lived in the valley 28 years and I have been selling Real Estate for 10. I know from west to east, north to south. Give me a call after you drive the neighborhood to talk about what you think and what you dream for your new home.

Best Wishes,

Tiffany Carlson
Realty One Group
Cell 480-215-1105
tiffanycarlsonrealtor@gmail.com
i stil live in atlanta i will be moving there in July
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Congrats on your new job! 85008, 85016, 85018, 85014, all have great neighborhoods. Possibly even South Scottsdale, 85257. Are you going to be renting or buying? I would be more than happy to discuss these areas with you and help you narrow down a neighborhood. Feel free to call, text, or shoot me an email with additional info (ie: price range, move date). I look forward to hearing from you!

Liza Asbury
Realtor | Realty ONE Group
lizaasbury@gmail.com
480-452-6543
facebook.com/ValleyRentalHomes
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Congratulations on the job! Camelback is a great area, but there are many nice areas in Phoenix. You can call or email me to discuss the criteria for your next home to better serve you.

Dawn Richardson
Keller Williams Realty Legacy One
http://www.team85249.com
480-274-0021