For Rent in New York>Question Details

Tamara Carro…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

trying to find a 1 bedroom in the $1500 range in brooklyn - bad credit though

Asked by Tamara Carroll, New York, NY Sun Mar 9, 2014

i'm looking to rent a 1 bedroom in brooklyn this spring and will have 1st, last and deposit ready to go, but i'm afraid that my bad credit score will keep me from renting a place! i've never been evicted, and have a spotless history with past landlords in nyc. are there any brokers in the nyc area that specialize in cases like mine?

Answers

4
Please call me for assistance. My name is Joseph and I can be reached at 347-545-2089. Thank you and good luck.
No there are no brokers that specialize with helping renters with bad credit. What is the explanation for your bad credit? Where you reckless with all your creditors or did you have a student loan issue, was it a case of identity theft? Maybe a detail letter of explanation to a future landlord might help; I accepted a tenant for my own personal rental property that way a few years back. You still, however, need to work on repairing your credit.
98633858
The answer below pretty much as it all. Can you get a statement from your last Landlord talking you up? Thtat would be handy for the next guy. Bottom line with credit, learn to live within your means and even do without sometimes. Denial builds character. Obviously, your credit score is a snapshot of how well you pay your creditors. This is not lost on any future landlords and only you can help yourself when you're ready to do so. Good luck.
Tamara,

Management companies are used to working with applicants with less than perfect credit. You have a few options 1) Provide a guarantor (they will need to make 80x the monthly the rent).
2) Insurent (a company that acts as a guarantor). You can research them at http://www.insurent.com. They work with specific management companies and landlords. They charge a fee, which usually is the equivalent of one month's rent. 3) pre-pay a portion of the rent or offer extra security.

I want to recommend an amazing company that helps repair and build your credit. Many of my clients have used this company. Please contact Anthony Davenport at Regal Financial located at 481 8th Ave., Ste 524 • New York, NY 10001
O. 646 450 0153 • F. 877 529 2684

I would love to help you find an apartment, help you get your paperwork in order and submit an application. I know some lenient landlords.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can get the process started.

Candis S. Ransom
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams-NYC
425 Park Avenue, 6 Floor
New York, NY 10022
M: 214-405-2020
cransom@kwnyc.com