For Rent in North End>Question Details

Tomi Domingu…, Home Seller in 78759

this house was listed as a rental on craigs list by a Mr and Mrs Johnson. l. Im wondering now if this is a scam. Is this house for rent?

Asked by Tomi Dominguez, 78759 Mon May 14, 2012

Answers

6
Tomid,
You are wise to be careful. The actual owners may be named Johnson, but the scammers can just set up a fake email with that name. Do not send money away for a deposit and hope the keys come back in the mail. Do not fall for a way below market rental for someone who "just wants someone to take care of the house."
There are variations of rental scams all over the place so make sure you are dealing with the actual owners and or licensed representatives.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 15, 2012
Hi Tomid123, this is my listing and it is not a rental listing, can you please forward the website address that you've found so that I can contact file it with CL? Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
it is a scam, thank you for letting me know.
If you give me the address I can tell you if this home is really for rent or not.
Pierce county has a website that you can check the owners name on properties. I would be sure before trying to do business with a Mr Johnson, an easy name to make up, and over seas scammers use American names to push their scams.

Good luck to you. As you did not give us a link of the address so we could look it up for you.

HLR
what is the address of the property?