For Rent in Portland>Question Details

Tamlynn, Renter in Portland, OR

moving to Portland in September. my credit is not so good but i have a great rental history and references!! looking for private renter who will work

Asked by Tamlynn, Portland, OR Thu Jul 18, 2013

I will be going to culinary school and also working. Im a single mother so my dad will be moving with me to help with bills and childcare. I have great rental history and job history and Im working on rebuilding my credit. I just really need to find a landlord who is willing to work with me.

Answers

3
We can work with poor credit by either having a co-signer or taking a larger deposit. Sometimes we can spead the deposit out over some time so it doesn't hit all at once.

Please check out our website at http://www.carefreeinc.com to view available homes for rent that may fit your needs. Begin your search about thirty days prior to your move date.
Tom brought up a great subject---fraud. There are many fools out there who pretend to own houses just to get your money. Thats one of many scams. If you want to be sure a landlord owns the place, call a title company and ask who holds title. Also, ask for proof of who the person is who is taking your dough.

Type out your story and cut n paste it into many ads in Craigs or even put it in the WANTED section. Ive seen some very down on their luck folks accepted as renters.
Explain that to the land lord and see what happens. I took sone great renters that had a bankrupcy but they are great renters. Our market is very hard because of limited inventory of rentals. Start looking now on craigs list, trulia, homes.com. don't put any deposit
down over the internet many scams. Good luck. Tom inglesby, broker, remax