For Rent in Austin>Question Details

auskali8, Renter in Austin, TX

may i see a picture of 1111 goldenwood austin, tx 78737?

Asked by auskali8, Austin, TX Wed May 8, 2013

home for rent posted on trulia.com

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Austin

Answers

3
Hi Auskali8,

Goldenwood is off 1826 and all the addresses start in the 16000 range. There's nothing on that street currently available for sale, or lease. In the neighborhood of Goldenwood, there are 4 pending sales, 3 homes active, and 2 lots active, but no rentals advertised in the MLS.

This add appears to be from a company called First Impressions. They hire home managers to live in homes that are for sale, under very strict guidelines. Always a short term rental, you usually can't have any pets, they prefer no children, from what I'm told, and they want the home to look staged, all the time. You have to be ready to leave with just 30 to 60 minutes notice for a showing by a buyer. And if the home goes under contract, you have to move out in just 30 days or so.

However, I have seen similar ads by them and they are for a non-existant opportunity (either the address doesn't match anything on the street they advertise, or the pictures don't match the home), simply to get someone like you to respond, then they'll say the home is no longer available, but magically, they have another home nearby that they'd like to "put" you in. Shady stuff, be careful.

Note, the picture of the home is actually a home that is for sale at 16701 Rivendell, listed for $550K, in the Goldenwood subdivision. Maybe they are being contracted for by the listing agent to put a home manager in the home. As long as you can live with the requirements of acting like a home manager (babysitter for the home), it might be worth pursuing, but again, be careful out there!

Jeffrey Schnabel
Broker | Partner | Keller Williams
512-913-7480
schnabeljs@gmail.com
I was unable to find it either, but I'd be more than happy to send you photos and virtual tours of other homes.

Feel free to give me a ring at (512) 947-2250 to go over what your criteria in a home is.

Roman Lopez
It is probably a scam. It is not listed for rent or sale anywhere else. Be careful.

good luck.
doug