For Rent in San Diego>Question Details

conelypatrick, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

is this listing a scam?

Asked by conelypatrick, San Diego, CA Wed Feb 27, 2013

my sister and i are looking to rent it, our combined income is about 3k a month after taxes, so 800 a month isn't unreasonable.

my question is, is this the right price for what it is?

heres the link to the listing

http://www.trulia.com/rental/3110229331-549-La-Rue-Way-El-Ca…

thank you :)

Answers

2
Be careful!!!

The information for this rental was taken from a Postlets on line ad. Scammers often post fake rental ads using Postlets.

The phone number for the person posting the ad has an Indiana area code. In these days of cell phones and free long distance plans that may not be significant but it may be a red flag.

The price does not make sense, does it?

The description of the property is not a rental description. The description talks about the price when the house was last sold. That is irrelevant information for a rental add. The description looks like it was simply copied from a property description that you might find on Trulia, Zillow or many websites.

This smells like a scam to me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
It looks like it. It's too good to be true. Never send any application or deposit to anyone without verifying they are represented by a broker or the actual owner. Please beware. I have a 3bed/2baths on Lanston st 92111
For $1900/month. Centrally
Located. Brand new stainless steel appliances n granite counter top. Available march 1st. Let me know if you new additional info or wants to look at it.

-Jessica Nguyen
858 405-0441