For Rent in 90045>Question Details

d_flery, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

inquiring about the home for rent at 7521 PIPER PL LOS ANGELES, CA they ask me to pay for the deposit with out giving a tour to the house.

Asked by d_flery, Los Angeles, CA Fri Feb 8, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 90045

Answers

8

It would be highly unethical not to show you the house and ask for the deposit. I believe that first you need to see if you are interested in a property itself before you invest the money. I have never seen an agent asking for a deposit upfront.
You might want to check out if the person who is trying to collect the deposit is the agent listing that property. There has been some shady business going on with rentals lately.

I hope that helps.

Agnes Rosiak.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 8, 2013
they ask ask to go see the exterior of the house cause the land lord is out of state,so we are interested on it- they send as RESIDENTIAL RENTAL APPLICATION FORM through mail if we could fill that up and send the deposit to his assistant "today".
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013
MLS is showing 7521 Piper leased 1/16/2013 for $4,500.00. I do not know who you are dealing with the realtor or seller. In any case, listed for 20 days for $1,080,000- and leased 1/16/2012 for $4,500.00. I would NEVER give a deposit for a property I have not seen.
Normally you would contact a realtor and provide all of your credit information to them. They will arrange for you to tour the property and if you want to lease it, you then fill out a rental agreement with the offer on the property. If it is accepted by the owner, you then provide all the required deposits .
I would not do that. That sounds very suspicious.

Are you looking for rentals in that particular area? Email me so I can send you some available properties that are safe to move forward with.

Caroline Harabedian
RE-Search Concept
8700 Reseda Blvd., Suite 213-B
Northridge, California 91324
(818) 967-9626 mobile
(818) 979-0226 fax
http://www.HomesByCaroline.net
caroline.wcli@gmail.com
they will probably ask you to mail the deposit...and they will mail you the keys... needless to say do not do it. There are many international scams going on!
Dear friend, your story is not the only one, just check the background of that person and you will find is helpful, go to dre.ca.gov, google that person and even better, check if you know a trust realtor to help you find what you are looking for and save your money. Alvaro Lozano

This definitely does not sound right. You should definitely be able to tour a property before you are required to pay your lease deposit. This sounds like it may be some kind of rental scam.

Please feel free to contact me with any real estate related questions. I would be happy to provide a list of available properties for lease in your area at no cost.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.JamieTian.com
I agree this does not sound right. For a rental you should be able to see the place before coming to any agreement.