For Rent in Ruther Glen>Question Details

Priscilla, Renter in Ruther Glen, VA

if you have credit issues what are your chances of renting

Asked by Priscilla, Ruther Glen, VA Sun Feb 26, 2012

Answers

2
Priscilla, there are variety of factors that will be taken into consideration, credit is just one of them. Many landlords look at the entire picture not just credit. Some of those factors are: credit score, credit detail, rental history, employment history and income. There could be other discriminating factors as type and number of pets or if the applicant(s) are smokers. With the economy as it is, many people have credit problems: foreclosures/short-sales, bankruptcy, late payments, judgements, so some landlords are more lenient because of this. It can be helpful to write an explanation to submit with the application. Landlords may also consider a double security deposit in situations where the applicant has had issues. Also, there are landlords that will rent regardless of the applicant's credit.

I handle rentals in your area, so please give me a call perhaps I can be of assistance.

Carolyn Liddell
Sun Realty of Fredericksburg
licensed in Virginia
540-295-9623
540-659-3636
carolyn@suncompanies.biz
Web Reference: http://www.suncompanies.biz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 9, 2012
From my experience in this market, your chances of renting are pretty high. Many people have credit issues especially in this economy. From my own personal experience it all depends on the landlord. I have show a client for about a month before actually finding them a home and I have also shown a client one home ang got it for them, both of which had credit issues. Hopefully your credit issues are not from neglect and you could explain to the landlord in a letter what happened and that you're working on improving your credit. More the information the better. If currently pay your rent on time where you are right now, then ask for a letter of reccommendation.

The more information you provide the landlord the more comfortable he or she will be to rent to you.

Chris Woodburn
DRE #: 01881792
(909)234-0182
cwoodburn@cbtricounties.com