For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

Unspecified, Renter in Flossmoor, IL

how do i find a landlord who doesnt do a credit check?

Asked by Unspecified, Flossmoor, IL Mon Nov 26, 2012

i have below normal credit and haveing a hard time finding a renter

2 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

Answers

13
I have worked with several people over the past 6 months with credit issues. I gathered all of the necessary information from the client, approached a few owners with the circumstances, and negotiated the terms between the client and owner. 90% of the time, the owner approved the clients with larger security deposits. TIPS: Work with private owners - do not even try with management groups, have all necessary paperwork ready to go and presented neatly, be able to present multiple months of rent in the form of a security deposit, and find a broker/agent/consultant that has worked with these situations in the past.

Honesty is the best policy. I don't know of a landlord who doesn't at least want a credit check run, but I do know that tenants with less-than-ideal credit have been able to secure leases by being honest, and if necessary, paying in advance. If you can pay for 3 months up front, it would go a long way. Just a thought. Best of luck!
Hmmm, might be tough. You could offer several months of rent or perhaps additional security deposit. There are plenty of renters who have bad credit due to foreclosures or short sales in their past, so it's not impossible at all. You probably won't find a rentor that won't check your credit unless they are friends or family...
Do your search for no credit check Apartments
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
contact me and I may have something depending on more information about your situation.

Tony
708-942-7039
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
Nobody is answering your question. You need to find a private owner. Perhaps Craigslist. Your best bet is to find for rent signs posted in yards, windows, etc. Try local neighborhood papers as well. You need to find some dumbbell landlord who will just rent it to you. Good luck. And try to pay your rent on time!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2012
more money will solve everything..including higher rent than market
Hard to find one of theose, but sometimes you can compensate by offering 1st and last mo rent and 2 mo security deposit. If your previous landlord can give you a good recomendation that can also help and if your job is strong that also can help. They usually look at the entire financial picture.
Offer them 6-12 months rent up front and then they may not ask for a credit report.
Hi, I've found that many for rent by owners don't always do credit checks...check craigslist.
It will be difficult. If you have bad credit, maybe ask if you can put down more earnest money?

Try being honest with the potential landlord. Explain why your credit rating is low. I find that when you're honest and fortcoming with the landlord some will work with you.

Do you have anyone that can co-sign the lease with you?