For Rent in Sacramento>Question Details

Jdmustang123, Home Owner in Vancouver, WA 98660

how do I list my rental house for rent, section 8 in Sacramento,ca?

Asked by Jdmustang123, Vancouver, WA 98660 Tue Sep 20, 2011

I need a form

Answers

5
As a real estate agent and a landlord, I would go to the Shra website / landlord. However, in order to be a "section 8" landlord, you need to attend a 3 hour class which goes over all the information on how to list your home, and the procedure of section 8. It is very informative and they cover all the regulations you need to do in order to be section 8 approved. I met some other landlords and I am actually thinking of attending again to refresh my memory. But what Ed said, can be true. You get the money monthly, but you are other problems with the tenants such as noise disturbance, selling illegal drugs (yes, believe it or not), it is harder to evict them.
By the way, you can post your rental on their website for free. It is a bit tricky to find the housing available section. When I posted there, I actually spoke to many people that were on the waiting list for section 8 who was looking for affordable housing. However, I have a rental currently available and I posted on craigslist, trulia's rental section and rentals.com.
Hope this helps.

Nancy Bergman
DRE #01893550
Century 21 - Noel David Realty
Agent
Direct 916-400-1355
Office 916-967-2200
http://www.shra.org/Housing/HousingChoiceVoucherProgram/Owne…
Orientation Schedule
Are you a new owner or manager to the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program?

Attend a free Owner Orientation to learn the responsibilities of the Owner, Tenant, and the Housing Authority.
You will also learn the basics of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly Section 8).
Additionally, you will receive helpful information on how to start participating in the program, what is needed for your rental property to pass inspection, what paperwork is required, and how to complete it.

Did you recently purchase a property with a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract in place? Are there different Notice Requirements with HCV compared to the "open market?" This is your opportunity to have your questions answered.

Owner Orientation Schedule
(Subject to change)
3rd Tuesday of each month
10:00 a.m.
(Allow 2 to 3 hours)
630 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(Corner of 7th and I Streets)

Limited parking is available in SHRA lot located at 630 I Street. Parking is also available at metered spaces on the street, or in nearby parking garages.

Please register via email to Ema Greene at egreene@shra.org.
JD...

Why would you want to limit yourself to Section 8 only...?

I know a lot of landlords think that because the county may be paying a big chunk of the rent there are some guarantees... but those types of tenants are not the greatest in my opinion...

Now it depends if your rental is in a lower income type neighborhood that has a lot of this kind of resident... Even then I'm not a big fan of this.

You can list your property on Postlets... Craigslist and other websites and the Section 8 people will find you if that's what you want...

Most of the owner's I've worked with are not big fans of Section 8 tenants either... They have little of their own money into to the deal and feel a sense of "entitlement" in dealing with you... There are exceptions of course...

I hope this helps...

Make it a great day...
The best place to go to get information is http://www.shra.org.
Lots of information you can even register your investment property for lease on the site.
Remember the property must meet and past the requirements of the Section 8 program and you will have annual inspections of the property.
All the best.
i have no answer, need an answer