For Rent in Orlando>Question Details

Haddock.kara, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

how can i get an evction off my record without paying?

Asked by Haddock.kara, Orlando, FL Mon Jan 7, 2013

I rented an apartment and broke the lease cause they didnt take care of the mold and roach problem for the 6 Months i was their. i refuse to pay the lease breaking fee what can i do to get it off my credit so i can rent another apartment?

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Orlando

Answers

5
Did you get anything in writing? if the only clause in writing that everyone signed was the lease termination fee in the lease then you may be stuck paying it unfortunately.
i should correct my self it was not an eviction its a Early lease break. me and my boyfriend were told that if we moved out by a certain date we would not have to pay anything. that is what we did. we tried to rent another place and that was when we found out that they put on our credit that we owe a $1300 early lease break fee and was never informed of it before. the apartment people will not work with us cause it went to collections and collections are rude and will not wirk with us on it.
Hi Kara,

You probably already know this by now, but most likely you should have put the rent in to an escrow account every month, with the stipulation that it will be paid to the landlord upon satisfactory repairs being made.
This shows that you have the money, and intend to do so; you’re just not because of the living conditions.

Did you photograph and document the repairs needed, and your attempts to have the landlord remedy them?

You might want to consider talking with an attorney. If you can’t afford 1, consider going to Legal Aid. (Note…it may take months to get an appointment there, but it will be worth it to have the blemish removed from your credit report that will be there for years)

If you’re looking for another place to rent, some landlords and property owners will take in to consideration the “big picture” if you explain to them why you were evicted, and you have stable income and good credit otherwise. You might be able to provide an additional deposit though, so just be prepared for this.

Please be careful if you are looking…..there are plenty of people willing to scam and take advantage of someone in your situation.

If I can help you find a rental, or with anything else, please feel free to contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com.

Carl Head

Realty Center-Orlando
Those Evictions are like Credits accounts you have to paid for them it will be the Faster way to fix them. Those Evictions goes to Public Records ans stay there until you pay them and talk to the Landlord to remove them. They also will be in your Credit from 7 to 10 years.

Good Luck!!!!

Rosalina Esquilin
rosseproperties@gmail.com
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Either work out an agreement with the person/company you dealt with or hire an attorney. However it ends up you will have to pay something to settle the account whether it's to an attorney or the landlord.