For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

glendaleonar…, Renter in Chicago, IL

are there section 8, single family homes for rent in Chicago west side Austin area?

Asked by glendaleonard95, Chicago, IL Wed Apr 24, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

Hi, Glendaleonard:

One place you might start looking for properties in Chicago is the Chicago Housing Authority's site:

This page has a list of some of the properties in all parts of the city that work with tenants who have Housing Choice Voucher Program certificates.

In theory, any private property owner can accept a HCVP Certificate. In practice, many landlords either don't understand the program or don't understand its benefits.

This why I think the CHA site is a good place to start: you know you'll be contacting someone who knows how to work with a certificate holder. Of course, my colleague's'suggestion below to search for "Section 8" or "Housing Voucher" on Craig's List or another site also could get you the results you're seeking.

A REALTOR certainly could help you to find such properties; some REALTORS actually specialize in this area. Look for one that knows the area in which you want to live, and have them ask the tough questions for you!

Don Pasek, CIPS, TRC, ADPR
Omniterra Real Properties
There should be several. Work with a Realtor to assist you.
I would ask an agent to look into this that works this area. I think there are some that specialize in rentals in that area. Its free to use their services.
Dear Renter,

There should be single family homes in that area. Try searching craigslist and find a broker or leasing agent that knows the area well.

Best of luck
Off the top of my head, uncertain.
However, i worked the area for a few years and have always been successful with criterias like yours.
Feel free to search my wesite and/or give me a call!
Web Reference: Http://