For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

Justinjobity, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

any agents here handling leasing/rent for 235 van buren? i would like to check out some units!

Asked by Justinjobity, Chicago, IL Wed Jun 3, 2009

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

Answers

18
Strongly recommend that people work directly with brokers who have listings at the property. Search any reputable broker site for that info.

Otherwise, you have no idea whether someone you're contacting via this site has any knowledge whatsoever of the building or the area.
I am currently looking to rent in 235 Van Buren, any of you have current listings? Thank You!
I am looking for a 1BR or studio unit to rent beginning mid June. Please contact me at makaigal at gmail dot com.
Thanks!
I have a corner unit in 235 Van Buren for rent at $2400. We just purchased it and need to rent it before December. Its a 2bedroom 2 bath , 1327 sqft. Please contact me on kavita_ksankhe@yahoo.com. Prospective renters with good credit rating and no criminal background can recieve specials.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
There are half a dozen units at 235 Van Buren listed for rent through the MLS. You can search those listings at any reputable broker site.

The sales agent for the developer, CMK Realty, has one unit listed for rent. CMK is a client and I know the staff there will be the best guide to the building you can find. Contact CMK by visiting the building, or contact another broker who has a listing. It makes no sense to respond to an agent who has no connection with any unit in the building.
Web Reference: http://yochicago.com
I can meet you at the property sometime when you want to take a look! I'm a broker for Luxe Marketing and Sales and I know the sales consultant over at 235 w buren . Let me know if you want to explore the building! alex@luxemarketingandsales.com
cell: 773 733 1153
Thanks and have a safe weekend!
-Alex Summers
Are there units available for rent for immediate move in?
I am looking for a studio or 1BR starting Oct. 1. Contact me if interested. Thanks
I'll reiterate. People are almost always better off dealing directly with ownership in the building, with the owners of individual units who are renting them, or with an agent who has a unit listed for rent.

There's no reason I can see to respond to an agent who's not a party but who's simply trying to interject himself between a tenant and a commission check. There's even less reason to communicate with an unknown party who claims to have a unit for rent.

My stake in this? My firm handles some online advertising on behalf of CMK, the developer of the building, and handles print advertising for a number of large brokers in the city.
Web Reference: http://yochicago.com
I have received several clients from here so I just wanted to update everyone regarding rentals in this building. Currently there is a short supply of One Bedroom rentals. Prices are still low around 1295+ Parking. Two Bedroom rentals are readily available especially on higher floors. They are currently starting at $1595/mo on up.

Paul Blackburn
"The Blackburn Group"
Crown Heights Realty
773.771.7502 - Direct
Paul@ChrChicago.com
I am just going to follow up with this question as I see it at the top of the list. I continue to do a great deal of work in the building and can help people get amazing deals. There are currently 28 units available for rent on various floors as low as $1200/mo! Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested Paul@ChrChicago.com
i have a unit for rent on the 33rd floor if interested.
Your best bet, Justin, is to work directly with owners. Check Craigslist for listings. It appears some owners have also chimed in here.

Although brokers are generally paid by the landlord here in Chicago, that payment comes out of your rent. So you're paying the broker. Many landlords are willing to negotiate a better rent if there's no broker involved.
Web Reference: http://yochicago.com
Hi Justin,

Well, I guess I will add myself to the list offering to help you. I specialize in rentals from the gold coast, through the loop and south loop and know the building well. I would be more than happy to show you units. I do not represent any owners in the building so I can be unbiased, and help you negotiate rent at not cost to you.

Give me a call anytime 773.771.7502 or you can shoot me an e-mail at Paul@chrchicago.com

On a side note - I do like the building. I have looked at units in the building for myself. There will be plenty of inventory in the building over the coming months as more condos buyers start to close.
I have a one bedroom one bath with parking on the 26th floor with a great view that will be available August 1st. Call me if you are interested at 305 213 1413.
Hi, I have a two bedroom unit at 235 Van Buren that will be closing in July and available for rent in August with a parking spot. I have selected over $20K of upgrade for that unit. If the timing is right please call me I am sure we can work something out.

408 907 4157
HI Juistin

Looks like there are currently two units for rent in this building

Give me a ring at 312-939-5253 or nick@kalerealty.com

And I'll be happy to help you out!
Web Reference: http://www.kalerealty.com
I can take you to look at properties. Please, call me at (847) 710-0865.
Thank You,
Gerry Marzillo