For Rent in New York>Question Details

Nikki, Renter in Jersey City, NJ

1800 Upper West Side (No higher than 78th st) or West Village. Can it be done?

Asked by Nikki, Jersey City, NJ Wed Sep 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I are looking for a space...near the PATH train in the Village or near 72nd street in UWS (express train to Penn Station). We have a calmly behaved cat and would even be open to a 3/6 month payment of our rent in advance if it meant a decrease in rent % overall. We're looking to save and we're looking to be in a safe environment. Also, I'd love a rent stabilized unit, if possible. We'd want to stay in our first joint place a good 2-3 years, at least. Can this be found?

Answers

8
Hi Nikki,

I have some very nice cat-friendly studios available between $1700-$1800 south of 78th Street. Just an FYI though... Landlords are generally not open to a rent reduction if you offer to pay advance rent. Actually, they're not permitted to receive more than the standard 1st month + 1 month security on a rent stabilized unit. All the best to you :-)

Looking forward,

Christine Gordon
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Cell: 917.881.2924
Fax: 347.328.9352
Apartment updates available at http://www.christinegordon.postlets.com
"Home is where the heart is."
The information you provided is very helpful--thank you. I'm holding out for the purple unicorn, perhaps; a one-bedroom option. I have until December to find the best deal, but I may opt to move sooner if I find something fantastic. Thanks again.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
Thank you Debbie, it must have been the long hours.
$1800 would be difficult in the West Village but push comes to shove $2500 (studio) may do it. In the East Village, maybe as Ming Gu proposes.
Good luck again.
Thank you.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
Hi, I have a Junior-1 located at 5th steet(between 2rd av and Broadway). If you are interested, please contact me ( mgu@redacinc.com ). I will forward the detail info with photos.

Ming
Thank you for your reply; I'll be looking more in the UWS with hope for the West Village. I have until December, so I'm sure that unit will not be available by then.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
she did state her "price affordability" - it's $1800

good luck!
Thank you.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
Please state your price affordability and we can start from there. We know your dream areas; we know the possibilities. Let's talk. 917 498 3428
P.S. There are three Path stations stops in the Village: 9th. and 14th Streets for Central Village and Christopher for the West Village.

Preferably, Christopher/9th. Thanks for your reply.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
Hi Nikki,

There are apartments available in your price range, keep in mind there are very few apartments available to rent overall therefore if you find an apartment you like you must act quickly.

I will be happy to assist you locate your new home.

Tasha Trice
AC Lawrence and Company
6469260609
24by7agent@gmail.com
ttrice@aclawrence.com
I have a bit of time, so we're not too worried. My boyfriend and I are definitely ready to move quickly should something worthwhile present itself. Thank you for your help.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
It is possible. There are several spaces that qualify your criteria on the upper west side. Most are studios some are 1 bedroom apartments. If you are interested to take a tour of these apartments feel free to give me a call at (718) 916 - 2355.

Ksenia Melnikova
A&I Broadway Realty
(718) 916 - 2355
Ksenia@broadwayrealty.com
We will be in touch. Thank you for your reply.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
Please contact me. My name is Erika and I can be reaached at 917-335-8569. I would be happy to assist you. Thank you and good luck.