For Rent in North Raleigh>Question Details

dpreci1970, Other/Just Looking in Raleigh, NC

Yes have a first time daughter wanting to move to Raleigh but previous landlord has gave her a late rent status and need to know which one just maybe

Asked by dpreci1970, Raleigh, NC Thu Apr 25, 2013

will give her another chance at beening on her own. She will be attending college in august and she is currently employed now.

Answers

2
Irina is correct ...Be open and honest up front with landlords and especially if it was a one time event, that happens to a lot of people in this economy I'm sure. I know of someone who was able to get an apartment after going thru a bankruptcy and just sat with and talked to the landlord. They paid an extra month up front over the normal , but did get the apartment.
You need to have her apply and let the landlords decide if they are comfortable in renting to your daughter. If she has explanations why she was late on her payment especially if it was only once.
You can also offer a larger deposit or pre-pay your rent!

Just be open and honest about all the details when applying.