For Rent in Oakland>Question Details

Karen, Renter in Oakland, CA

Wondering if there are real estate agents I can work with to find a rental in Oakland.?

Asked by Karen, Oakland, CA Fri Jan 25, 2013

I currently live in Palo Alto and am not familiar with the rent markets in Oakland and want to avoid any dangerous areas. I have a dog and want to live in an area with nice walkability.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Oakland

Answers

2
Claire Wills’ answer
I live off of Piedmont ave. 94611 zip. You can either walk to piedmont ave or down the rose garden steps to head to grand ave. Lots of great restaurants, shops, and people watching. I would suggest looking on craigslist and putting in piedmont in the search section or also drive and walk around monte vista ave., harrison st., and oakland ave. east of the 580 fwy. You could also look on google maps with the locations I mentioned and see the street view. Best of luck.

Claire
Best thing to do is find a property management company -- many of them advertise their listings on craigslist. If you see some decent posts, contact the rental agents and ask them to help you. Not all listings are advertised, so there may be a few that will meet your requirements.

Is there another area besides Oakland that you may want to consider --- Alameda, for example. We's an island just across the bridge from Oakland. Fabulous community with dog parks and paths (imagine walking along Shoreline Drive with fantastic views of the city.

Call me at 510 205 2992 if you need more information. Perhaps I may be able to help you.