For Rent in 70115>Question Details

Fuwei Zhang, Home Seller in New Orleans, LA

Why my property in New Orleans was listed here for rent without my or my agent's authorization?

Asked by Fuwei Zhang, New Orleans, LA Tue Aug 31, 2010

I was suprised to see my property at 2100 Jefferson Ave was listed here for rent at $2500/mo without either me or my agent's authorization. I would like to know who did it? And why? This is not acceptable, and we will seek solutions on this if we do not get the answer. My property is for rent at $4000/mo NOT $2500/mo.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 70115

Answers

4
Bruce Gresh’s answer
Eileen Burk Murray provides a good answer, double check the contact informatin and see who replies to the ad are going to. If it's not your agent or you, then contact the local sherriff and/or police. If the property is vacant, have you or your agent check on it and make sure thare has been no vandalism or any changing of the locks.
Only you or your agent could put your home on this website . There is a scam going on , mostly on Craigs List , that involves a scammer advertising someone's home for rent . When he finds someone interested , he tells a sad story about being out of town for a family emergency and tries to get a deposit sent to him to "hold" the apartment or home . Of course , the "rent" seems like a bargain !! This scam has been reported on Craigs List and the MLS to warn agents and homeowners .
Fuwei,
You can report listing errors through this link:
http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/
Select from the drop down menu: property owner, report error, and fill out the info requested.
Trulia is usually very quick to respond.
Hope this helps,
Amy Perdomo
My suggestion is that you contact Trulia and correct the incorrect rental amount. Or have you agent do so for you! Just a mistake I am sure.
Web Reference: http://www.pattifaulder.com