For Rent in Merrillville>Question Details

fsboninety, Renter in Merrillville, IN

Why is it that everyone with Section 8 voucher, is sterotyped. You can find excellent tenants such as myself if given the opportunity.

Asked by fsboninety, Merrillville, IN Tue Apr 16, 2013

This is my first time looking for property using voucherIt's a nightmare. My complex manager can attest to the fact that, I have never been late on my rent, nor have they every had any problems with me. I'm single 62yr young, in school 4.0 GPA starting a new career. I'm on disability and had to move to IN, to see about my daughter. I use to make 60,000 a year. I was also a successful realtor, but left my career to spend more time with my daughters. I have morals, and values. I will not accept what I consider, unacceptable living conditions just because I have a voucher. I'm a gem in the rough, please don't miss the opportunity to have an outstanding tenant.

Answers

2
I am a newly seperated mother of three moving from Illinois to Indiana. I have a section 8 voucher and I'm no where near lazy because of the stereotype of having a section 8 voucher. It is for a 3bdrm, I will accept an apartment or house. I'm looking to move in the portage, hobart, merrillville, schererville or hammond area. Can someone please point me in the right direction??? Thanks in advance
Hi. Have a realtor in the office that will have a home available in a week or so.