For Rent in 39110>Question Details

Flawoman, Renter in Madison, MS

Why are there no in ground swimming pools at most of the homes I view? It so weird to me I live in Fl. every house has a pool.

Asked by Flawoman, Madison, MS Mon Jul 11, 2011

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 39110

Many of the newer neighborhoods in Madison have community pools if that is of interest. Unfortunately you are right that swimming pools in our area are not as prevelant as in Florida. One of the reasons could be is that the primary months of use are shorter than your previous state. April through September is about the best months you can utilize unless you have a heater.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Another reason for the lower pre capita amount of pools in Mississippi is the actual soil in which we have to build them. Anyone who has spent much time in this beautiful state knows, one concern we have is "Yazo Clay" This shifting soil can wreak havoc on a pool and it surrounding patio. This concern causes many prospective pool owners to opt out of a pool or for a community or neighborhood pool where the repairs and maintenance are covered by homeowners association dues.
I currently live in Madison but I am from Louisiana. Most all houses in Louisiana have pools too. I have maybe been to 2 houses in the area that have pools. Crazy!