For Rent in Atlanta>Question Details

Kris,  in Lilburn, GA

Where can I market a high end Atlanta townhouse for corporate rental?

Asked by Kris, Lilburn, GA Thu Jul 11, 2013

We want someone looking for corporate relocation. Someone working at CNN or Coke for a year preferably. I am not looking for a Real Estate agent. I have been renting this property for 2 years now without an agent.

Here is the property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3076091648-271-Carlyle-Park-Dr-…

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Atlanta

Answers

5
I've actually been put into corporate housing by a former employer when I relocated for a new job 14 years ago. The issue is that it's a fairly high expense to charge 1 months rent just to find a renter. I can spend my dollars across multiple websites and still not come up to 1/4 the cost of using a realtor. There are definitely benefits of a realtor but they are simply a middle man. That's the power of a lot of the websites is that it creates efficiency as long as there are proper tools in place to assist the renter (i.e. sample lease contracts, guidance on deposits and early cancellation, etc.). I am listing my property fully furnished for > $4K per month, so do you think that's still worth utilizing a realtor? If you can convince me, then I'll sign you up.
Kinda of funny that you don't want an agent, but it's all agents that have responded to you.

Craigslist.
Kris, In my 33 years as a REALTOR representing owners of high end properties, I have found high end buyers and/or tenants are successful busy people. They either have an agent provided to them by their relocation department or need and appreciate the value of professional advice and hire a REALTOR to represent them locate a home.

You can post in hundreds of obscure owner websites but professional REALTORs search the Multiple Listing Service "MLS" and prefer working with a professional REALTOR representing the seller in a transaction. I appreciate your desire to save money and do it yourself, however in doing so you miss the prime sector of the market you seek. Even as a REALTOR with 33 years of experience, I hire agents to locate property for me, I employ travel agents to arrange my trips, I have a CPA who prepares my taxes, even though I am an attorney, I employ several law firms that handle various business concerns, when my car breaks I take it to the dealership, if something breaks I call a repair person or replace it. The high end buyer doesn't take the time to search out a luxury property, their REALTOR does that for them. I represented Coca Cola they would not let their employees deal directly, they had to be represented by my firm and agents specifically trained to represent their employees and property.

It is difficult or impossible for you to quantify the loss associated with longer time on the market or the loss of a lower rental rate, or the loss associated with not being presented to the prime sector of the market, those represented by professional REALTORS but I can assure you the loss is far greater than the fee you hope to save.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investment Agent Specialist
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
The Linked In REALTOR
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceailion
Put it out on Postlets.com - it will syndicate a lot and it's free!

All the best, Michelle
The you are no doubt an expert Emory or CDC Global Health, VA internships off campus housing or the HR depts of those types of companies you have suggested