For Rent in Long Beach>Question Details

Vahid Ghodusi, Renter in Long Beach, CA

When I find my preferred place to rent for a year, how long does it normally take to be available?

Asked by Vahid Ghodusi, Long Beach, CA Thu May 31, 2012

Answers

5
Vahid, It all depends, sometimes landlords have 30 day notice from the tenant that they are moving. Then other tenants might give 60 day notice to the landlord. Then other times after they move out it might take another 15+ days to make the unit look sparkling for living. I need more information to give you a better answer. Please contact me directly at homes@endrebarath.com
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
Did the owner or agent promise a date in which the home was to be ready? Did they not meet that date? Like Jeremy said if it is empty then normally the same day... however if it is occupied then that can be a different story. As a property manager I prefer not to ever show occupied units as too many things can keep you from meeting move-in deadline. Always get it in writing....
Depends:)
Each lease has its own terms.
is it condo, apartment or sfr( house) you are looking for?
If the rental is in the MLS, they are almost always available right away. If you are simply picking a neighborhood, it may take some time for a rental to become available. Right now, we are experiencing a shortage of available rentals, so it might take longer than usual to find a place.
Every home is different. Some are ready now. Some may not be ready for several weeks.