For Rent in 90028>Question Details

c.a.j, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

What is your security process involving rental listings ?

Asked by c.a.j, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jan 23, 2014

I have so far been contacted by 9 fraudulent scammers that YOUR website gave my PERSONAL email to. They have requested very personal information and claim to all be missionaries living in the Philippines, NIGERIA and London. NOT ONLY WERE YOU PLASTERED ALL OVER THE INTERENT FALSELY CLAIMING TO BE THE NUMBER ONE SITE FOR FINDING A HOME; you fooled customers who are actually desperate to find a home into thinking you were trustworthy. Only to be yet another dishonorable, putrid scum run site that is wading in the shadows to steal your information. Stop spending so much money on inflation when you don't even have what your advertising running correctly.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 90028

Answers

5
Dear Hellagood, all of us are victims of scammers. You just need to screen out more carefully and ask some tough questions. Have them fill-out credit application, verify their information for accuracy, run credit check everyone 18 and over and once all that done then you might be lucky to find one or two great individual or family to lease your property. Or the best way will be to hire Real Estate agent like myself to actively market your property and screen out “scammers” and get you qualified tenants. You can reach me at 626-786-5290, I work at Century 21 Hollywood. Thank you,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 23, 2014
Hella in California,
I know what you mean. It is a shame, a real shame that it is folks just like you that get pummeled by this fraudulent and damaging information and predatory practices.
-
But you are not alone.
-
I posted a home for sale last Thursday. And on Friday morning folks were knocking on the owners door to SEE the rental house. That is how fast the 'fake' for rent ad got published.
-
I DON"T LIKE THIS
The HOMEOWNER does not like this.
The person looking for a place to rent certainly does not like it.
Be aware, Trulia does not like it much either. They can't make any money. Trulia.com is under unrelenting attack by hackers who are systemicly destroying the consumer experience. Fake rental ads is not too far removed from the 'fake' for sale ads they allow from RealtyTrac.
-
Hella, you do have a choice. Pick up the phone and call a LA REALTOR and request to be referred to a professional who handles REAL rental properties. It is a shame that this is the best option available.
-
Please understand, the real estate professionals did not create this situation. We are actually here to rescue home buyers, sellers and renters from the traps that are surrounding you.
-
This situation,however was a predictable outcome when buyer, sellers, renters and advertisers wanted free, uncontrolled and unfettered access to real estate data and that data was handled irresponsibly. I trust you will CHOOSE to use the reliable and responsible resources your agent will provide and abandon sites like Zillow and Trulia for any decision making real estate related purpose.
-
Friends won't let their friends become victims. Protect your friends also.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 23, 2014
Hello Hellagood,

Sad to say, but scammer are all over the net.

My advise to you is to work directly with a property management company or a realtor who handles rentals.

Do not trust anyone else on the web, too many good people have been scammed.

Best wishes,
Kawain Payne, Realtor
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Scammers will always find a way to scam & Trulia is a victim of their practices as well but tries to combat them by giving the community they service the ability to 'Flag' suspicious listings so that they can remove the offensive content.

My main suggestions for anyone looking for a rental home that wants to avoid the hassle the scammers create is for them to contact a licensed agent and if they see a listing that seems too good to be true to be very suspicious of it.

Read my blog:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/Trevolyn/2013/11/could_it_be_a_re…

For some helpful advice.

News Flash to you. Online sites just list anything given to them to list. The site does nothing to check them out and will remove them if someone flags the listing. This is true for ALL Free Online Websites.

You get what you pay for and when it's free you are going to get scammers.