For Rent in 95624>Question Details

For rent, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

What is the income will be considered to qualify to rent a $1400/mon house?

Asked by For rent, Sacramento, CA Mon Jun 11, 2012

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 95624

Answers

4
Typically, you want to see the gross income about 3x the rent, so $4200. If there's little to no credit card type debt, you can reduce a little. It's good to know they make enough to pay rent and other monthly obligations.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 11, 2012
I agree with Kelean . A ratio of 3x between income & rent is a good rule of thumb. If the rule is stretched it will inevitably lead to late payments later on.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 12, 2012
I agree with Kelean B. 3 x is good. ( 33%)

2.5X may be sufficient if there additional factors in favor of allowing such a high housing expense ratio.
(40%)

If more than 50% of income goes to housing expense. Well that is quite a stretch for most people. I'd consider a ratio that high to be somewhat risky.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
I recommend speaking to a lender. Typically they will want your debt payments below 50-55% of your income... that's usually a good number to use for your calculations.