For Rent in New York>Question Details

Anna Neu, Home Buyer in New York, NY

What is the difference between renting a home in the city versus apartment. Is there a catch to renting a home rather than apartment?

Asked by Anna Neu, New York, NY Mon Sep 23, 2013

Answers

7
There is no catch in renting apartment versus home in the city. In the city it will be a townhouse attached to the luxury building or separately standing on a tree lined street.Price point changes within different factors.
if you have any questions please feel free to contact me(by clicking on my photo) ,I will be glad to assist.

Thank you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 22, 2013
Hello Anna. There is no "catch" but inventory might make this option very difficult and very expensive. In Manhattan, we're talking about a Townhouse or a Brownstone. Obviously, there would be many apartments for rent in a price range that could include a Townhouse and if your budget is extremely healthy, you'll have your pick of apartments. It will get down to availability in our low supply and high demand market.

Something to think about, in a Townhouse, there would be no Doorman or Concierge. Considering the price for these types of rentals, amenities might outweigh a stand alone Townhouse. There are other things to consider.

If I may be of service, please feel free to contact me through Trulia. Just click on my photo and you'll get my contact information. I wish you all the best.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
he said rent a home or apartment not buy a home
Flag Thu Nov 7, 2013
Manhattan is a vertical community...meaning there are mostly apartments. The city is basically made up of high or low rise buildings for rentals. While there are definitely brownstones or townhouses that are single family homes, they are quite pricey. This would totally depend on your budget and needs.
I am happy to discuss these differences with you. Please contact me directly.
Michele Portnof
Associate Broker
Rutenberg
mportnof@crrnyc.com
917.842.5792
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
she said rent not buy wow
learn how to read Troll.
Flag Sat Nov 23, 2013
As long as you are qualified to pay monthly with a down payment, buying a home is better. Its your home.
Pleas call me 3474585866
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
A house is generally much more expensive because its bigger and offers more privacy; there's no catch.
there is no "catch" just be aware of possible monthly costs in addition to rent, feel free to contact me if you are looking for a broker to help with the process, will be happy to help.
good luck,
m