For Rent in Washington>Question Details

Stephen.meli, Other/Just Looking in Washington, DC

What is the best time to rent an apartment or house in Washington, DC?

Asked by Stephen.meli, Washington, DC Thu Jul 23, 2009

Some of the neighborhoods I am looking into are Tenleytown, Van Ness, Cleveland Park, Woodley Park, Glover Park, Columbia Heights. It seems to me that late summer is a very busy time for apartment rentals and the prices go way up. Would it be better to wait for fall (October/November)?

Answers

4
Hey Stephen,

Here are a few places that are available (http://mrislistings.mris.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?k=304…). If any interest you, we can go check your top favorites out.

If not, inbox me your budget and the amount of rooms you need. My number is (202) 670-6677.

Talk to you soon,
Ericka
The real estate market tends to slow down in the cold season. If you move in the summer, you have to be quick.
There is more availability in the areas close to the universities in the summer time (particularly June and August) and it may be slightly more expensive in the late summer as the students who didn't find a place are competing for the remaining possibiilties, but it doesn't sound like student housing is what you are looking for. I wouldn't worry about when you should be looking for a rental, but rather try to get the place that you want. I do rentals and I would be happy to talk to you about options. Have you looked at Vaughan Place at Tenleytown? or some of the buildings along Connecticut Ave? If you tell me what you are looking for (bedrooms, baths, washer/dryer, parking, balcony?) I will be glad to help you find it. Please give me a cll at 240-401-5577
Web Reference: http://www.lisehowe.com
All depends. If it is an area where there are schools then you have students who need to be in right before the semester begins in aug/sept.

Rentals fill up quickly if they are good, so if you find one you like then I suggest you move on it.