For Rent in Naples>Question Details

Caley Crow, Renter in Naples, FL

Were having a lot of trouble finding an affordable place in naples

Asked by Caley Crow, Naples, FL Tue Jul 17, 2012

We have a big family, and we've been turned down for a few apartments we don't want to waste anymore money on contiunsoulsy applying for apartments that will just turn us down, were running out of time and I'm pretty sure our current landlord's patience is growing thin our lease has been up but we have no where else to go and are not renewing our current lease for many reasons. The only thing that i can think of as to why were being turned down is due to our credit, when my husband was in the military our credit got pretty messed up. My husband has been out of the military for about a year now and we've had trouble with finding decent places back here in fl in general, our price range is around 800-1000 for a 3-4 bedroom.

1 vote Share Flag For Rent in Naples

Answers

3
I can see why you are having problems.... Have you thought of buying using a VA loan? Do you need to talk with a lender to explore options? Call me if you want to explore this matter....KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601 (7/18)
Yes, Caley, I can see why you would be having trouble. Rent prices have increased over the past year or so as more and more families have lost their homes and are unable to get financing to buy something more modest. Therefore, there is more demand for rentals now than even a year ago. And the biggest demand is in single family homes. If there are credit problems on top of that, it would be most difficult to find a rental, and particularly a 3-4 bedroom in that price range.

Have you talked to and lenders who might specialize in loans to veterans or have special programs that might make it easier to just purchase something? Don't know how your credit looks, but that may be an option if it is not too bad.

Good luck to you and your family. If I can help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.