For Rent in Austin>Question Details

Anders89, Other/Just Looking in Austin, TX

We are looking for a horse property for rent around the Austin area, planning on moving in late December or early January.

Asked by Anders89, Austin, TX Mon Aug 13, 2012

We plan on relocating to the Austin area in late December or early January and are looking for a horse property for rent. We have two horses which are both geldings and two dogs. There is no need to worry about school districts as our animals are our only kids. We are looking for 1-2 bedrooms and a barn to keep the horses occasionally stalled in; if at all possible we would like to keep our maximum range for rent between $1200-$1500. Input or ideas as to where we can find a place matching this criteria would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Austin

I'd be glad to help. This will be a difficult task especially given your price range. Looking more than 30 days before you are willing to start paying the lease amount is futile. Housing is so tight right now no owner will tie up a property without income for more than a month. You really need to team up with a local Realtor.
It is possible, but like the other agent said, it's a little early to be looking. I would start seriously looking around thanksgiving time. If you would like help - you can contact me then and either myself or one of my agents will be happy to assist you in finding a home for lease.

Christi Baylor
Real Esate Broker
UP Realty
First, I think it will be difficult to find a property with a barn for that amount per month. Also, properties listed for rent now will probably not be available in 5 or 6 months. You may need to up your monthly budget and look a little closer to the end of the year. Joe
I have a 3 bedroom home with barn and pond on approximately 26 acres for rent at $2995 if this is an option for you.

If interested, please let me know by email or text message.

Chris Rodriguez, REALTOR®

2012 WCR Austin President-Elect
2012 WCR State Newsletter Committee Chair

Austin REAL Pros, REALTORS® - Downtown and Central
(512) 458-3730 Office
(512) 921-1431 Wireless/Facetime
REALTOR® - #0563503 - Licensed to Practice Real Estate in the Great State of Texas