For Rent in West Valley>Question Details

zviczhang,  in San Jose, CA

The posting for 325 Greendale Way, San Jose CA 95129 rental is wrong. The rent should be $2495. I didn't post here. How can I fix it?

Asked by zviczhang, San Jose, CA Mon Mar 4, 2013

This question was asked from this property:…

Ruth and Perry Mistry’s answer
Hi Zvi

Thanks for your question.

Yes it is a scam, and it is being worked on.

You can also report it to the Police, if you have the time.

This is why Home Owners and Umpty Frat are not allowed to post
their homes.

There are Renters sending money and waiting for keys.

Best regards
Web Reference:
Flag the lisitngs as suspected fraud. This happens a lot on Trulia and other sites.
Hi Zvic:

I've already flagged this one as a scam. It was very responsible of you to look for possible "duplicate" listings of your same home for rent. Remember to check all of the usual sites (Trulia, Zillow, Craigslist, etc.) to make sure that you don't find any other false and fraudulent listing of your home for rent at fees that are not correct. If you do, flag or report the listing to the website and have it removed.

Unfortunately, there are seem to be a lot of people out to make money from legitimate landlords, so be sharp and on the lookout for anyone who be trying to use your home as "bait" for renters.

Thanks for posting and letting us all know. You can also flag this one, but I've already done that for you!

Grace Morioka
Allison James Estates & Homes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Please consider also reporting this to the FBI. They investigate internet fraud. You can file a report at

Barbara Hunt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Thank you for your question:

Yes. This appears to be a fraudulent listing. The scammers apparently have taken the information about your property and made up a fake advertisement of their own with their own contact information and are claiming a monthly rent of $1,300 per month.

These scammers pretend to own the property or claim that they are acting on behalf of the property owner. They then collect security deposits and prepaid rent from the people who apply to them to rent the property. They scammers then disappear with the money that they have collected from the people who applied to rent the property.

Dan Tabit has made an excellent recommendation that you flag this advertisement as suspected fraud. Also, Trulia will give you a telephone number where you can call them. I recommend that you also call Trulia at the telephone number that they give you.

For more information you may reach me at my cell phone: (408)509-6218

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: